Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Looking for some Panamera Turbo Advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 12:49 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

you hit on a important thing, run the VIN, I don't know how many cars I looked at that where mislabeled by the dealer - S's that where actually 4S's and vice versa
Old 09-07-2018, 01:11 PM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by dwwalker14335
I have been hunting around in the recent weeks for a Turbo and Turbo S and have found that many "turbo" Panameras were actually newer turbo 6 setups which throws the curve. I also found a bunch of Turbo S models that were ultimately Turbo models with an S sticker on the back or simply mis-labeled by the dealer.

On the GTS front, if you get the Sport Chrono package in a Turbo, I believe it is the same ride height since they both have Sport and Sport Plus modes. If you get the sport exhaust, the sounds are a bit better but the GTS simply sounds awesome. Hard to beat that aural input. The Turbo S is mostly a package of the go fast goodies normally considered options on the Turbo like the PDCC, dynamic lights, Sport Chrono, Sport Exhaust, etc. The extra HP and overboost function are nice but can be tuned into the Turbo but, the S, tuned, still has an edge, albeit smaller, over a tuned Turbo. So, all comes down to finding one you like for color and options. For me, one of the things I really wanted was the four zone air, heated and cooled seats front and back along with the Sport wheel. Took some time to find the right mix, but there were a couple floating around the met the need. Went the Turbo S route since I really wanted something solidly in the 11 second quarter mile range.
Pretty much my attitude when hunting. I know mine is an S since my dash says it as does the PCM! Check the VIN, but you can also tell by the rear diffuser which should have a body colored center section, and the tips are a brushed stainless (2011-2013).

I have noticed a couple online with the S badge that were clearly not an S. I just can't stress enough how much you want the PDCC, PTV, and PASM systems. The cooled seats work better in this car than any other car - I would considered that as well. Lane assist and adaptive cruise also work very well.

Quick Reply: Looking for some Panamera Turbo Advice