Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Just cleaned her up and....

Old 07-14-2018, 08:22 PM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Just showed up, a little detail spray and.....not bad for a car everyone supposedly hates...
Old 07-15-2018, 01:08 AM
c4racer
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I haven't found anybody that hates mine. Only had it a few months but so far everybody I know is digging the car.

Congrats !
Old 07-15-2018, 01:20 AM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

Very cool
Old 07-15-2018, 09:48 AM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Rathjen
Just showed up, a little detail spray and.....not bad for a car everyone supposedly hates...
I hear the same thing - Oh, you bought the ugly one? But strangely enough I have never heard such a comment from anyone who actually has seen the car. Who cares anyway? These cars rock!
Old 07-15-2018, 11:24 AM
dudecs
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

Nice job and looks great!
Old 07-15-2018, 01:46 PM
Addbuyer
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by skiracer
I hear the same thing - Oh, you bought the ugly one? But strangely enough I have never heard such a comment from anyone who actually has seen the car. Who cares anyway? These cars rock!
i just love that colour
Old 07-15-2018, 02:36 PM
Santa Cruz Red
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

You the same "skiracer" from D2/D3 dayz?
Old 07-21-2018, 11:39 AM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Santa Cruz Red
You the same "skiracer" from D2/D3 dayz?
Maybe - my screen name is skiracer13 on the D2 forum as skiracer was already taken by Doug (also in CO) - and yes, I've had two D2 S8's and a D3 W12 prior to moving into Panny Land. Did you ever have a visit from Tozo by chance? (he's visiting me now in Beaver Creek)
Old 07-22-2018, 07:43 PM
Santa Cruz Red
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Tozo's a remarkably decent/talented fellow and yes... he visited me a couple of times in wee Ben Lomond (Santa Cruz Mountains), but it's been several years. Please offer my best, last I heard he was overflowing with Turbo Cayennes and still with a D3 S8. Cheers!
Old 07-26-2018, 11:39 AM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Honestly, save a few particular locals such as parts of Florida and California, I don't really think there exists a dense population of Panamera in any trim. I've probably only seen maybe 5-10 over since 2010 when they came out living in and around Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas. Traveling to larger cities including Chicago, Memphis, St. Paul, included. There is a Porsche dealer in Omaha too, in fact my 2012 PTTS originated from there, but I picked up in Chicago. The point being you just don't see many of them, and the haters are just looking at pictures and reading reviews. In person, and as a driver/owner, I don't see any possible way to call the 970 ugly. Zero possibility. Every car has good, and better view angles. My CTSV coupe looked awkward from certain angels too. I guess I just like weird cars with phat *****.

Should I get a custom lic plate?

BBYGTBK
JNKNTRK
PHTARSE
Old 07-26-2018, 12:27 PM
ciaka
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 41 Posts

Panameras are rare, no question about that.
In my area, I see total of 4 including mine. One V6, two V8 S models, and mine being the only turbo one.
As to looks, everyone I know loves it. Went to friends gathering for July 4, and whole lot of high school teenagers were there.
They were all taking selfies with my car in the background throughout the day, in various poses, which says something about the 'ugly' factor.

As to your place, custom is nice, just keep it classy, you have a nice car, so complete the nice look. I got one but its what my inlaws and wife are calling me for years. So thought it would suit the car.

Originally Posted by Paul Rathjen
Honestly, save a few particular locals such as parts of Florida and California, I don't really think there exists a dense population of Panamera in any trim. I've probably only seen maybe 5-10 over since 2010 when they came out living in and around Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas. Traveling to larger cities including Chicago, Memphis, St. Paul, included. There is a Porsche dealer in Omaha too, in fact my 2012 PTTS originated from there, but I picked up in Chicago. The point being you just don't see many of them, and the haters are just looking at pictures and reading reviews. In person, and as a driver/owner, I don't see any possible way to call the 970 ugly. Zero possibility. Every car has good, and better view angles. My CTSV coupe looked awkward from certain angels too. I guess I just like weird cars with phat *****.

Should I get a custom lic plate?

BBYGTBK
JNKNTRK
PHTARSE
Old 07-26-2018, 01:30 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

the rare factor is something that attracted me to the car, I prefer to be driving something different than the next guy, Cayenne's and 911's are just to common (LOL), large part of why I didn't get a 944 until 2007
there is at least one other white Panamera here in town, possibly 2, I've seen one several times in the same area and I saw a White GTS parked downtown, it might be one and the same, I haven't gotten a good enough look at the one I've seen several times.

there was exactly one for sale in this part of Oregon when I was looking.

on the license plate thing I was thinking at one time of something like MOBYDCK but Oregon is limited to 6 characters
Old 07-26-2018, 02:54 PM
NJS_04_996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do have to agree, I like the rare factor too! I probably only see another Panamera around town about once a week- if that!

Quick Reply: Just cleaned her up and....