Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Coolant reservoir sensor missing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 10:13 AM
ciaka
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Coolant reservoir sensor missing?

I was comparing what my coolant reservoir looks like with online pics, comparing my panamera to others.

Starting to think its missing something, like the level sensor (red needle telling you to put in more or that its too full, etc).

Can anyone with the know how, chime in? Thank you.
Old 06-30-2018, 10:10 PM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont see the little red float needle thing but that is not the actual sensor that will report low coolant level and give you a warning on the cluster. Its just a little red piece of plastic, not sure where yours went unless its all the way to one side so it looks like its missing. You're slightly overfilled so that may be the reason.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:08 AM
ciaka
Racer

hard to see in that pic ut the red plastic is under the + sign. appears i am overfilled. this is the way I picked up the car from dealer when bought, so thought its expected.
Wanted to see the coolant as i do in my other cars (CTT as well), but looks like in this car normal level means you cannot see the coolant.
attaching another pic showing the red plastic under + sign, looking closely.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:05 PM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok I see it now. Yeah it’s slammed all the way to the one side because it’s overfilled. It it’s an issue it will be burped out of the cap but there’s no real harm in that. I would just run it.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:49 AM
ciaka
Racer

Got that sorted out. I had my system overfilled. Siphoned out about half quart and the needle became visible. now sits perfectly in the middle, not moving a bit.
Dealer had it like that so I assumed fluid should be visible. In the Pan, you should not see the fluid when needle is in the middle.
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Coolant reservoir sensor missing?