Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Front License Plate

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 04:26 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
So how did you install it without drilling holes into the bumper??
Was wondering the same thing!

My US Millwork tow hook is currently out for delivery so I'll get it mounted today/tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:33 PM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 65 Posts

The L angle metal I used self tapping screws and screwed two screws into the underside of the bumper near the far edges of the metal. The front side of the L I attached flat metal strip with holes drilled for the license plate. Look at the Skene Design mounting. I kinda just imitated it. ____O_________________O____

Attached Files
Old 04-05-2019, 08:42 PM
robhamster
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I went with the tow hook solution in Denver on my 2012 Panny 4S. When I got my 2014 Panny Turbo, the tow hook location interfered with the parking sensors, so I had the dealership mount the front screw in deal. I did not do that until I had 3 tickets on Larimer St with valet guys who left my car on the street because it looked good (for a Panamera, of course) and the parking meter folks wrote me up for no front license plate. $35 fine the first time and $70 the next two. Screw Denver. Screw front license plates!
Old 02-06-2024, 04:35 PM
fantomphixer
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pannamera front plate

In Washington state cars delivered to dealers without front plate mounts are exempt from having front plates. Now I'm in Vermont and have set a tow hook mount but I'm concerned that an impact force would / will travel to the frame. Might get a stickon from Fastsigns if hassled.
Old 02-07-2024, 07:06 PM
sac02
Pro

Received 199 Likes on 139 Posts

odd choice of thread to bring back from the dead.

I go without front plate, in 25-ish years I've gotten a total of two tickets for it, I'm willing to pay that tax rate.
Old 02-08-2024, 01:23 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 793 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by fantomphixer
In Washington state cars delivered to dealers without front plate mounts are exempt from having front plates. Now I'm in Vermont and have set a tow hook mount but I'm concerned that an impact force would / will travel to the frame. Might get a stickon from Fastsigns if hassled.
That law doesn't sound right.... How would anyone possibly determine what cars came with or without plates.

Quick Reply: Front License Plate