Panamera 2010-Current

2018 e-hybrid system software version

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 05:04 PM
theCayenne
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 e-hybrid system software version

Thought it might be interesting to start a thread that tracks the software version folks currently have installed on their vehicles and any issues they are encountering.
Below is a picture of the system version information on my car which I took delivery of on 25 April 2018.

Issues so far:
  • Comfort access seat position is erratic sometimes it will retract the seat/steering other times it will not, Same for returning to original setting. Using same key everytime. Feature is ticked in the preferences
  • Apple CarPlay is on occasion not available even though the phone is connected.
  • System cold boot takes too long (lots of animated spinning circles on startup)
Feature requests:
  • Favourites accessible from steering and viewable on instrument cluster screen (like they used to be)
  • Access PCM phone functionality even if using CarPlay
  • Allow both CarPlay and PCM navigation to be active (BMW iDrive allows this)
  • Provide the ability to set a speed limit override for InnoDrive (e.g. +5 miles). pushing up on the the innodrive stalk will set speed limit to current + override. (Tesla autopilot provides this feature)
  • Option to launch connect app when phone is connected

Old 05-28-2018, 07:30 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by theCayenne
Feature requests:
  • Provide the ability to set a speed limit override for InnoDrive (e.g. +5 miles). pushing up on the the innodrive stalk will set speed limit to current + override. (Tesla autopilot provides this feature)
so this is, in a round-about sort of way, available at the moment which I figured out by a bit of luck! so, if you're driving along and start PID and set it at a speed, say as in your example +5mph over the current limit you're in, e.g. 45mph in a 40mph zone. then when you enter a new speed limit zone, e.g. 50mph PID will normally accelerate up to 50mph but if you lift the stalk up it will add the previous extra you'd added so will put you to 55mph. and then if you enter a 70mph zone a quick flick up of the stalk will set it at 75mph. so this means you don't have to keep pushing the stalk away from you to increment in 1mph steps to get to the previous requirement of +5mph.

also, if you apply the brakes manually and disengage PID then by pushing the stalk up twice will go to the previously set +5mph value. again, just a short cut to stop you having to push the stalk in for 1mph increments.

the same can be done if you want to travel below the speed limit. set it at -2mph in any speed limit zone you're currently travelling at and a flick up of the stalk will set it to the new speed limit zone -2mph.

hope this makes sense and helps!
Old 05-28-2018, 07:42 PM
theCayenne
Intermediate

Originally Posted by thorfun
so this is, in a round-about sort of way, available at the moment which I figured out by a bit of luck! so, if you're driving along and start PID and set it at a speed, say as in your example +5mph over the current limit you're in, e.g. 45mph in a 40mph zone. then when you enter a new speed limit zone, e.g. 50mph PID will normally accelerate up to 50mph but if you lift the stalk up it will add the previous extra you'd added so will put you to 55mph. and then if you enter a 70mph zone a quick flick up of the stalk will set it at 75mph. so this means you don't have to keep pushing the stalk away from you to increment in 1mph steps to get to the previous requirement of +5mph.

also, if you apply the brakes manually and disengage PID then by pushing the stalk up twice will go to the previously set +5mph value. again, just a short cut to stop you having to push the stalk in for 1mph increments.

the same can be done if you want to travel below the speed limit. set it at -2mph in any speed limit zone you're currently travelling at and a flick up of the stalk will set it to the new speed limit zone -2mph.

hope this makes sense and helps!
Hello Thorfun,

That's a great find!

I had discovered the ability to increase the speed limit and to return to it after innodrive set itself to auto (e.g. when I take over) by pushing the stalk up twice; however, I didn't know the it actually keeps track of the delta between the speed I set and the speed limit and will then apply that to when the speed limit changes (with the proviso that I push the stalk up twice).

Thank you!
Old 05-30-2018, 01:51 AM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Thought it might be interesting to start a thread that tracks the software version folks currently have installed on their vehicles and any issues they are encountering.
Below is a picture of the system version information on my car which I took delivery of on 25 April 2018.

Issues so far:
  • Comfort access seat position is erratic sometimes it will retract the seat/steering other times it will not, Same for returning to original setting. Using same key everytime. Feature is ticked in the preferences
  • Apple CarPlay is on occasion not available even though the phone is connected.
  • System cold boot takes too long (lots of animated spinning circles on startup)
Feature requests:
  • Favourites accessible from steering and viewable on instrument cluster screen (like they used to be)
  • Access PCM phone functionality even if using CarPlay
  • Allow both CarPlay and PCM navigation to be active (BMW iDrive allows this)
  • Option to launch connect app when phone is connected

My software and navigation versions are apparently not as updated as yours. My car was built last June but I will ask my dealer to perform the updates when I next take it in. That said, I haven't had any issues except for not being able to get the garage door opener to work which is annoying but not the end of the world since I just use the clicker which is attached to the visor.

Old 05-30-2018, 02:31 AM
theCayenne
Intermediate

SaratogaLefty,

i did did update my navigation maps OTA. There is an option under system software to do so
Old 05-31-2018, 12:50 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

SaratogaLefty,

i did did update my navigation maps OTA. There is an option under system software to do so
Have you had any problems with your car? Other than the garage door opener not working I've had no real issues and have almost 1500 miles on the car. I've read others having the problem with the engine light and some are having problems with navigation but I've been very lucky so far. Not sure if I want to upgrade either the software or the navigation???

Quick Reply: 2018 e-hybrid system software version