Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego
View Poll Results: Should I order my Panamera Turbo with Chalk or Bordeaux Accents?
CHALK
58.82%
BORDEAUX
41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Update and Poll! Have your say on my interior color!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 01:52 PM
Will Tell
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Update and Poll! Have your say on my interior color!

OK, I'm now resigned to the fact that nothing I do other than sticking with a one-color interior is going to get my car any sooner than the Fall. If I opt for either deviated stitching or deviated inserts I'll suffer (oh, the agony!) a 6 to 8 week delay. I'm not sure if the dealer has been totally up-front with me about how he's fought to push it through. And I certainly can't rely on my dealer to offer me objective advice as to whether I should wait for MY19. I can just see it: If I decide to wait the MY19s won't be announced until mid-Fall. If I order the '18, the MY19s will be announced at the end of July! My guess is they'll offer a HUD, something I would totally get. Also, if I order, they'll probably announce the GTS which was what I was originally interested in. Siiiigh.

OK, so assuming I go with the allocation I've supposedly been given, assuming I'm willing to wait, these are the two competing builds. The options are the same, it's just a color choice between Bordeaux and Chalk. Please opine. I take your opinions VERY seriously; indeed, your opinions are why I'm in this position in the first place!!

So the four options that can be chosen in either Chalk or Bordeaux are the following:
  • Deviated Stitching (not seat inserts)
  • Seat Belts
  • Chrono
  • Tach

The exterior will be Dolomite Silver and the base interior will be black with carbon trim. The steering wheel will be regular (heated) in order to show off the offset stitching.

Pros and cons of both colors (IMHO) are: Bordeaux matches with the seatbelt thingies (that's a technical term) as well as bits (also a technical term) on the exterior--calipers and rear light assembly. It pops and it's cool. But I'm a little leery of red as my wife has been so set against it. Still, lest I get too worried, I showed her pictures of both configurations and she asked "what am I looking at?" 'Nuff said.

The chalk is nice because it's, well, nice. And I'm not saying that to give the impression that I think it's just "O.K." I do really like the contrasting black/white thing which in the history of design is very classic. Perhaps that's it: it's classy (the two concepts are usually related). The one thing I don't like is the chrono and tach color choice is described as "white," not chalk; minor, for sure.

Anyway, here are my builds. I'm going to try and set this up as a poll so you can opine. Bear with me. And, as always, thanks!!!!

Bordeaux: PJAYFQC5
Chalk: PJVBZ4F8

-WT
Old 05-22-2018, 07:01 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like them both, but still partial to the chalk. I think it will go well with the Dolomite. PanaTJ
Old 05-22-2018, 07:40 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

in my mind the Chalk just blends in with the aluminum bits too much, the Bordeaux has more visual impact.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:44 PM
Will Tell
Rennlist Member

Angry

Originally Posted by DogWood
in my mind the Chalk just blends in with the aluminum bits too much, the Bordeaux has more visual impact.
I smell what you're cooking but Chalk is winning 7 to 2!!!
Old 05-23-2018, 12:45 AM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Will Tell
I smell what you're cooking but Chalk is winning 7 to 2!!!
well you know what they say, "there's no accounting for taste" ;-)
Old 05-23-2018, 01:30 AM
c4racer
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I like the red inserts personally. I think it pops much better and is a nice contrast to the exterior color too.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:07 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Red
Old 05-23-2018, 10:08 AM
junedog
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bordeaux. It's not even that close.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:50 PM
ajriches01
Racer

Chalk obviously...red works with black or red exterior, silver with silver.

Wow it is stunning!

Quick Reply: Update and Poll! Have your say on my interior color!