Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Can baby seat fit on the center rear seat of a ST?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 12:49 PM
Kevin1017
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can baby seat fit on the center rear seat of a ST?

Hi all, I wondered if a baby/infant seat can fit on the center rear seat in a Sport Turismo or a Panamera 4 with 2+1 rear seat option. I know that center rear seat might be too small for a adult to sit on it, but given it has a safe belt, I wonder if anyone has tried to put a baby seat on it? If yes, with two adults sitting on the sides in the back, will it be too crowed?
Old 05-13-2018, 10:36 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What about ISOFIX? Don't put the baby seat on the centre rear seat.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:27 PM
Kevin1017
AutoX

Originally Posted by Andial
What about ISOFIX? Don't put the baby seat on the centre rear seat.
I wonder how many mounting points have ST have in the back? Does it have one for the center seat?
Old 05-14-2018, 02:10 AM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Well, my Cayenne -- which probably has a wider bench than an ST -- only has 4, so I'm sure the ST will also only have 4. I tried mounting the baby seat in the middle by using the right mounting point on the left seat and the left mounting point on the right seat, but the straps angled out and intruded on the passenger space on the outboard seats. You can use the center seat belt to anchor the child seat in the middle, but boy, it better be a compact design model or it's still gonna be uncomfortable for the other back-seat passengers.

I'm probably taking the Diono Radian RTX out of the back of my 991 and put it in the back of my ST when it comes in. I might see how well it fits in the middle... but it won't be for a couple of months.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:11 PM
Kevin1017
AutoX

Originally Posted by lbcgolf
Well, my Cayenne -- which probably has a wider bench than an ST -- only has 4, so I'm sure the ST will also only have 4. I tried mounting the baby seat in the middle by using the right mounting point on the left seat and the left mounting point on the right seat, but the straps angled out and intruded on the passenger space on the outboard seats. You can use the center seat belt to anchor the child seat in the middle, but boy, it better be a compact design model or it's still gonna be uncomfortable for the other back-seat passengers.

I'm probably taking the Diono Radian RTX out of the back of my 991 and put it in the back of my ST when it comes in. I might see how well it fits in the middle... but it won't be for a couple of months.
My dealer checked one of their STs and told me there was a mounting point on the back of the middle seat! I assume my Panamera 4 with 2+1 rear seat shouldn't be any different.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:27 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be very surprised if he wasn't just looking at the outside mounting points for the left and right rear seats - the middle section is not even 30cms wide. Do not get your hopes up...get him to send a pic!
Old 05-15-2018, 04:09 PM
Kevin1017
AutoX

Originally Posted by ajriches01
I would be very surprised if he wasn't just looking at the outside mounting points for the left and right rear seats - the middle section is not even 30cms wide. Do not get your hopes up...get him to send a pic!
I think you are you right, I also didn't see any mounting point from the rear seat pics of ST online, think I will probably just go and take a look myself before the order is locked.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:15 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Sounds good - let us know how you get on (need some closure here)
Old 05-16-2018, 11:31 AM
Will Tell
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kevin1017
I wonder how many mounting points have ST have in the back? Does it have one for the center seat?
I didn't see any ISOFIXes for the rear middle. It's really narrow. And I'm not sure I'd like to put a full-size seat on the rear buckets either. A small booster would be fine, though as it would fit IN them. Or you could build up the bucket with some sort of inserts to make them level with the side bolsters.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:24 PM
jtorrebl
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

I can tell you no it won’t fit in middle. I couldn’t even fit my kids booster seats in the regular seats. The middle will be to narrow to even allow the baby seat to even fit in.
I have a regular panamera but have shopped around for a booster for my youngest and went with an inflatable booster seat. I did see porsche makes their own seat to go in the regular passenger seats but I think it’s a toddler seat with the back part.
Honestly that center seat is pretty useless.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:52 PM
ajriches01
Racer

I can fit any Isofix in the back, so long as you can adjust the length of the Isofix (pitch of the seat tips it backwards a lot) - use a Joie something and works a treat.

Quick Reply: Can baby seat fit on the center rear seat of a ST?