Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Porsche Dealer trying to pull a fast one

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 08:10 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OP didn't necessarily buy from a Porsche dealership, and he should have been diligent enough to get service records on this relatively new car.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:40 PM
c4racer
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I bought mine as a cpo from a Porsche dealer and they had a full and detailed list of what they did prior to getting the certification.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:50 PM
MAXIME75US
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fill a formal complain with PORSCHE USA and ask them to email you, that way you can forward them the correspondence.
They will call the dealership and slap them nicely.
Do it!

I have filed several complains with PORSCHE USA. Of course, not because i like to waste my time but because they messed it up few times. and some dealerships are so stupid, that you have proof of their lack of duties.

Piece of cake
Old 05-23-2018, 03:23 PM
Tazer
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Andial
OP didn't necessarily buy from a Porsche dealership, and he should have been diligent enough to get service records on this relatively new car.

I bought the car directly from Porsche, not a partner as I stated before. They informed me that the service has been done and will not be due until next year (Nov '18) or 30,000 Miles. However the car computer flashed up saying the service was due in Dec' 18 after only 4,000 miles.
I took it to my nearest Porsche dealer that said the car has never been serviced before and that the dealer that I bought the car from just cleared the warning and did not actually performed the service.

I've sent a follow up email. Still waiting on a response from them.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:01 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tazer
I bought the car directly from Porsche, not a partner as I stated before. They informed me that the service has been done and will not be due until next year (Nov '18) or 30,000 Miles. However the car computer flashed up saying the service was due in Dec' 18 after only 4,000 miles.
I took it to my nearest Porsche dealer that said the car has never been serviced before and that the dealer that I bought the car from just cleared the warning and did not actually performed the service.

So Porsche owns the dealership you purchased from? You had the service records?
Old 05-24-2018, 06:18 PM
c4racer
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Tazer

How does the other dealer know if the car was serviced? If done as part of a used car prep, it may not get logged into the computer database since it's not a customer car. Not sure how Porsche's system works, but seems this may be a potential scenario.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:22 PM
Pointbye
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 29 Posts

Where are you located?
Old 05-30-2023, 09:54 PM
amphicar770
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 110 Posts

If prior service was done by Porsche dealer, they have all the records of every part, every service. If it was a CPO car there are specific service requirements prior to sale. If you bought it from Honest Bob's used car lot, rather than from Porsche dealer, it's your word against Honest Bob's unless you have it in writing.

Quick Reply: Porsche Dealer trying to pull a fast one