Panamera 2010-Current

Question about ordering Panamera

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 01:09 PM
Jmiran
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Question about ordering Panamera

After months of test driving many cars, my partner and I have finally settled on the Panamera. Though we have not agreed on what trim level, we suspect we ultimately will have to special order what we want. As I have always previously purchased locally off a lot (SF Bay Area) I have no experience with the process. What type of commitment is required on my part? 10% down? Can I expect to get any type of deal or will I have to pay MSRP? While I have a dealer less than 5 miles from the house I’d be happy to get some dealer recommendations from other Northern California owners. I genuinely appreciate any information or guidance.

JM
Old 05-16-2018, 02:17 PM
FriscoTexasGuy
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Dealers will require a deposit down for ordering a new build. The dealerships here in Texas are requiring a $2500 deposit to secure your allocation. Discounts will vary based on market conditions and demand. I reside in North Dallas and the best discount I was offered was $5500 off out 3 dealerships in the DFW area. I decided to go out of the local area and buy from Austin dealer who offered the best deal...$9400 off. You simply have to shop around and consider an out of state buy as you can have your car shipped to your front door!
Old 05-16-2018, 04:10 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only good CA dealership is Fresno. 2k deposit. No commitment. MSRP or less. Go for the ST.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:46 AM
NVBear78
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jmiran- were you able to order a car yet? I am in Northern California as well and getting ready to order a car and wondering best place to negotiate a good deal. My situation is complicated because I will lease my car (can expense the lease through my business).

So am working to find out how much discount I might get and what that will do to the lease but am struggling to find detailed info on Porsche Lease terms, residuals, miscellaneous lease costs etc.

Am trying to figure out how much car I can buy within my lease budget. Appreciated the tip about trying the Fresno Porsche dealer. Am wondering how much people are getting off of cars they order in California? My guess is greater discount typically available on a car from the lot but when you spend close to $100K it is pretty important to get what you want.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:02 PM
Jmiran
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi NVBear78- We haven’t ordered a car yet. Still debating color, options etc. My SA told us that a new 2019 order likely will not reach CA until the fall due to the manufacturing schedule and the plant’s summer holiday closing. We aren’t in a rush as we don’t have any time restrictions such as a lease termination. Good luck with your search!
Old 06-03-2018, 03:04 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmiran
After months of test driving many cars, my partner and I have finally settled on the Panamera. Though we have not agreed on what trim level, we suspect we ultimately will have to special order what we want. As I have always previously purchased locally off a lot (SF Bay Area) I have no experience with the process. What type of commitment is required on my part? 10% down? Can I expect to get any type of deal or will I have to pay MSRP? While I have a dealer less than 5 miles from the house I’d be happy to get some dealer recommendations from other Northern California owners. I genuinely appreciate any information or guidance.

JM
So I also live in the Bay Area. My advice is to strongly consider contacting dealers outside the Bay Area. When I ordered my car I negotiated with three "local" dealerships but I wound up buying from an LA dealership. You can also order from an out of state dealership (prices are good from some Florida dealerships) and have the car delivered directly to the LA Porsche Experience Center where you can take title to your car and also go through the experience center driving events which are outstanding. My suggestion is to use the Porsche Configurator to spec out your car (including the LA PEC delivery) and then contact numerous dealerships and ask them for their best price. You can have your car serviced at any Porsche dealership you choose; most people don't realize the service department and sales department are separate profit/loss centers so they really don't care where you purchased the car.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:37 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
You can have your car serviced at any Porsche dealership you choose; most people don't realize the service department and sales department are separate profit/loss centers so they really don't care where you purchased the car.
It may be true that many don't care, but I'd bet that some do care. After all, the owner of a dealership will own both the sales and service departments... And I've seen sales people work pretty closely with service people in Porsche dealerships. Having both a good sales and service experience at one dealership will keep a customer coming back, and both departments (and owners) know this...

Quick Reply: Question about ordering Panamera