Panamera 2010-Current

2012 porsche panamera S Air Suspension compressor failure

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 02:01 PM
Panamera_lou
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 porsche panamera S Air Suspension compressor failure

Hello, i have a 2012 porsche panamera S no warranty, last week after turning car off the compressor for the air suspension kept on running , ended up dropping the car fully to the floor , looked under car and removed the air compressor to find that the piston instead was damaged on the top ring part of it so i purchased a rebuilt piston kit for it and put it back in the compressor and installed in the car so the car still remains dropped to floor but now the compressor is staying on and after a while the compressor feels hotbut im not seeing car lift , does that mean i should just get a new compressor or can it be the valve block am i suppose do anything specific is there an amount of time i have to wait to see if it rises the car? i dont have a porsche obd code scanner so i cannot tell if its something else wrong i just figured i plug the compressor back in and it will begin to rise back to normal can someone point me in the right direction please

Last edited by Panamera_lou; 05-14-2018 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Ad
Old 05-15-2018, 01:54 AM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You probably have a leak. The panamera uses a sealed system with a fixed air volume. I would guess the compressor ran on because it was low and when you removed the compressor for your repair you probably lost the last little bit of nitrogen you had so now there is no nitrogen for the system to work at all. Either take it to the dealer or find a knowledgeable independent. Bring money.

Quick Reply: 2012 porsche panamera S Air Suspension compressor failure