Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Which one would you pick? My new Panamera

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 05:43 AM
Minida
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, and I don't want to sit there with a feeling that I am missing something out after buying such an expensive car.

So I want all the best stuff in it.

But the "only" very nice thing that the last one is missing is the Burmester?

I can see that a lot of people are writing that the BOSE is horrible - especially compared to the Burmester. But is the difference really that big? How is BOSE compared to a regular system in a regular car? (Volkswagen Touran, Ford Mondeo, Peugeot 4008) I mean - it must be better than that? I usually listen to radio at normal level, but sometimes I enjoy listening very loud to songs from Spotify etc.

I hope I can find a dealer with a Porsche with both Burmester and Bose before I buy. Would a BOSE in another Porsche from the same year (+/- 1) be the same BOSE system as in the Panamera?

------

And yes, the taxes are insane in Denmark. The one at 90.000 EUR will cost me around 200.000 EUR here in Denmark. I envy you guys with your "low" prices
Old 05-10-2018, 09:14 AM
small car lover
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Minida
Yeah, and I don't want to sit there with a feeling that I am missing something out after buying such an expensive car.

So I want all the best stuff in it.

But the "only" very nice thing that the last one is missing is the Burmester?

I can see that a lot of people are writing that the BOSE is horrible - especially compared to the Burmester. But is the difference really that big? How is BOSE compared to a regular system in a regular car? (Volkswagen Touran, Ford Mondeo, Peugeot 4008) I mean - it must be better than that? I usually listen to radio at normal level, but sometimes I enjoy listening very loud to songs from Spotify etc.

I hope I can find a dealer with a Porsche with both Burmester and Bose before I buy. Would a BOSE in another Porsche from the same year (+/- 1) be the same BOSE system as in the Panamera?

------

And yes, the taxes are insane in Denmark. The one at 90.000 EUR will cost me around 200.000 EUR here in Denmark. I envy you guys with your "low" prices
Yes, I would say the "only" nice thing missing is the Burmester. You ask if the difference to Bose is that big. I would say yes, it is. However I believe the Burmester in the Panamera is one of the best factory car stereos, period. I would agree the Bose in the Panamera is much better than a typical system. My wife has a '14 Volvo xc70. I would say that system is a little better than average and the Bose in the Panamera is MUCH better than that. I also have a 2009 Cayman S that has a Bose system. There is no comparision between the Bose in the Cayman and the Bose in the Panamera. The Bose in the Cayman is not very good. It's marginal at best for a car of that price. Roughly on par with the Volvo, but the Volvo was a $48k car and the Cayman was a $78k car.

I don't think you can compare a Bose system in a 911 to a Bose in a Panamera. The 2014-2016 Panamera systems should all be the same. So if you can find a Burmester in another Panamera, doesn't have to be a Turbo S model, you can compare.

I think the spec of this car is very good overall. I think the insulated glass is a nice and fairly uncommon perk, and should help the sound of the Bose system. It's not easy to find a Turbo S with everything. This is a pretty well speced car. It will be quite an experience to spend time with it. It will be very difficult to find a car that has everything this has plus the Burmester.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:26 PM
Minida
Track Day

Great - even though it would have been great with Burmester, I think I will go with this. I guess I can have it all, and I would rather miss out the Burmester than the Adaptive Cruise Control etc.

And I am actually satisfied enough with the music in my brand new Peugeot 4008, and I bet BOSE is better.

I will try to find a autoshop with a BOSE-Panamera.

Would it be possible to pay for an installation of Burmester afterwards (or another better system) or would that be a waste of money?

Best regards
Old 05-10-2018, 02:42 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

I'll take the opposite position here: I also got a Volvo V90 Cross Country wagon, and I opted to keep the base audio system that comes with the car after hearing the premium sound system that you can opt for. I think that the base sound system in these cars is fine. It's a car, not your living room or den at home. I've never understood why people need to spend so much extra for glorified sound systems in cars, which will never sound like they do in your house. And I'm a music fanatic -- musician and listener. I have a Panamera (2015) with Bose, but I'm going with the base system in my new E-Hybrid build and instead investing option money on driving performance and safety items like surround camera and night-vision camera.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:34 PM
small car lover
Instructor

Great - even though it would have been great with Burmester, I think I will go with this. I guess I can have it all, and I would rather miss out the Burmester than the Adaptive Cruise Control etc.

And I am actually satisfied enough with the music in my brand new Peugeot 4008, and I bet BOSE is better.

I will try to find a autoshop with a BOSE-Panamera.

Would it be possible to pay for an installation of Burmester afterwards (or another better system) or would that be a waste of money?

Best regards
Typically, retrofitting options can get difficult and expensive. The wiring harness in the car is not set up for Burmester. Considerable time and effort would be required to make the swap. If you buy the car I suggest you live with the Bose for a while before you make any changes. I think you will be fine with the Bose.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:41 PM
small car lover
Instructor

Originally Posted by cometguy
I'll take the opposite position here: I also got a Volvo V90 Cross Country wagon, and I opted to keep the base audio system that comes with the car after hearing the premium sound system that you can opt for. I think that the base sound system in these cars is fine. It's a car, not your living room or den at home. I've never understood why people need to spend so much extra for glorified sound systems in cars, which will never sound like they do in your house. And I'm a music fanatic -- musician and listener. I have a Panamera (2015) with Bose, but I'm going with the base system in my new E-Hybrid build and instead investing option money on driving performance and safety items like surround camera and night-vision camera.
I agree with you. I'm also music lover. I don't like what comes with the word audiophile, but I do the high end home audio setup with tube electronics, vintage tube rolling, cabling, etc. Burmester is nice if it is there but it was not a must have for me. I'd also go with some of the other performance and safety items first if I were specing a car with my own money. My 14 Turbo S is a pretty basic spec with PP+, PDLS+ and a few other items like the sun shades and exterior pkg in black. No surround view, no PSE, no Burmester, no LDW. The condition is immaculate and the price was low. Due to the basic spec the car sat on the market for about 6 weeks before I bought it. It looks and drives like a new car at a fraction of the new price.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:54 PM
Minida
Track Day

Thank you again guys.

This one just dropped on the site:

https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/...c25?cldtidx=19

It got Burmester, it got 570 HP, it got Adaptive Cruise Control.

It it missing anything?

It is 10.000 less and 20.000 KM more on the clock.

If got the high armrest in the back as the executive version, but it ain't the executive, right?
Old 05-10-2018, 04:03 PM
small car lover
Instructor

Thank you again guys.

This one just dropped on the site:

https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/...c25?cldtidx=19

It got Burmester, it got 570 HP, it got Adaptive Cruise Control.

It it missing anything?

It is 10.000 less and 20.000 KM more on the clock.

If got the high armrest in the back as the executive version, but it ain't the executive, right?
Not the executive, it has the high rear center console and the comfort rear seat pkg with the power rear seats. That car is pretty loaded. I don't think you have missed anything. There is no picture of the driver's seat so we can't see the condition of the seat. But yes, it's a loaded car.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:18 PM
Minida
Track Day

So if I set it up vs the other one:

Pros: 10.000 EUR cheaper, got Burmester, got panel.

Cons: 20.000 km more.

Which one takes the lead? Considering the condition is equal.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:26 PM
small car lover
Instructor

So if I set it up vs the other one:

Pros: 10.000 EUR cheaper, got Burmester, got panel.

Cons: 20.000 km more.

Which one takes the lead? Considering the condition is equal.
That's a personal choice question. But from what you have said about the km and years you are looking for I'd go with the cheaper car.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:17 PM
Minida
Track Day

The exterior designs seems to be a bit different too, but it might just be because of the lightning and angle.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Minida
Track Day

Um, isn't it missing Sportspackage and PDCC?
Old 05-10-2018, 06:21 PM
small car lover
Instructor

The exterior designs seems to be a bit different too, but it might just be because of the lightning and angle.
Looking carefully at the side skirts I think they are the standard skirts. The front and rear bumpers are standard. This car doesn't have the exterior package in gloss black. That made the trim around the windows black, the vents behind the front wheels black and a couple other bits of gloss black paint. All Turbo S come standard with PDCC, sport chrono and PCCB. There was no Sport Package option with the Turbo S, On the Turbo the Sport Package included Sport Chrono, the sport exhaust and I think it included the different side skirts. This car isn't missing any performance options. Obviously the model designation was deleted (this was available from the factory) and the steering wheel is the sport wheel in Alcantara.

Last edited by small car lover; 05-10-2018 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Changed my opinion of the side skirts.

Quick Reply: Which one would you pick? My new Panamera