Old 05-05-2018, 01:58 PM
Minida
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one would you pick? My new Panamera

Hello guys

I am a first-time Porsche buyer.

Besides the look I know close to zero about the car - except that it is amazing

I am from Denmark and the amount of Porches around here are very limited (mainly due to the insanely high taxes on cars in Denmark. Around 160% extra for the cars. Making a 100K car into a 260K car. Yep, insane)

Therefor I do not have the possibility to test-drive one.

I am going to import it from Germany and I have found the following that I like the look of (interior and exterior).

Which one would you choose - and why?

1) https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/...fe8b?cldtidx=1

2) https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/...fdbe?cldtidx=5

3) https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/...484a?cldtidx=8

4) https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/...8a2?cldtidx=20

5) https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/...7b7?cldtidx=15

6) https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/...a9c?cldtidx=14

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Minida
Old 05-05-2018, 06:15 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1 is the classiest.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:46 PM
small car lover
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Either 4 or 5 would be my choice. Both have PDCC which is a rare and very nice option. Both examples are well optioned. 4 is lower KM while 5 is a Turbo S which includes ceramic brakes which are fantastic. The vehicles would need to be seen in person to assess the actual condition. I'm not a fan of the aftermarket wing on #1. Only you can decide what specific options are important to you. Likewise how important is condition or KM. You have to consider how many km you plan to put on the car, how you plan to use the car, etc. I bought a '14 Turbo S last month. I don't drive a lot of miles and condition is very important to me. I know what my must have options are. I found an example with a few more miles and had fewer additional options than some other examples but the condition is indistinguishable from new. Good luck with your search.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:19 AM
Minida
Track Day

Thank you for the reply

I am probably going to keep the car for two years, and my guess would be a total of around 40.000 KM.

What exactly is PDCC?

- regarding ceramic brakes: I know it is hard to say because it depends on how you drive your car, but around what mileage do they usually have to be replaced with "normal driving behaviour"?

Best regards

Minida
Old 05-06-2018, 10:47 AM
small car lover
Instructor

Originally Posted by Minida
Thank you for the reply

I am probably going to keep the car for two years, and my guess would be a total of around 40.000 KM.

What exactly is PDCC?

- regarding ceramic brakes: I know it is hard to say because it depends on how you drive your car, but around what mileage do they usually have to be replaced with "normal driving behaviour"?

Best regards

Minida
PDCC is Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control. It's a combination of active anti roll bars and electronic torque vectoring at the rear axle. There is effectively zero body roll during corning. The torque vectoring, in my opinion, reduces the understeer and improves turn in steering response. I have driven a rear wheel drive Panamera S and a GTS which is awd. both were 2014 models and neither had PDCC. The S had noticeably less understeer at low speeds and the steering response was sharper. The smaller, lighter v6 engine in the S and the lack of the awd system weight of the front probably was the main reason for the difference I felt between the S and GTS. My Turbo S has the steering response and nearly neutral balance similar to the S, in spite of the additional weight which you can feel. It is uncanny that such a heavy car can feel so agile and balanced. The system doesn't hide the weight of the car, it compensates for the weight of the car.

Ceramic brakes - My car has 26k miles or about 42K km. The brakes do not have any indication of wear whatsoever. The pads appear to be full thickness and the rotors are have absolutely no wear or grooving. They are glass smooth. According to my dealership service adviser, unless you do track events it is unlikely the brakes will need service within the first 100k km of "normal" driving. Considering the km of the examples you are looking at and the additional km you expect to add, you won't need to touch the PCCBs. That said, if you remove wheels yourself be VERY careful to not hit the ceramic rotors with any hard objects such as the wheel. The rotors can be chipped and are very expensive to replace (although it may be possible to have a small chip repaired). To me, the potential for chipping a rotor is the biggest downside of the PCCB. The braking power of the PCCB is stupendous. You become spoiled with the PCCB. I wouldn't want to spec anything else for a street car.

The PDCC combined with the PCCB really transform the dynamic driving experience of this car. It's why I went for the Turbo S.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:18 PM
Minida
Track Day

Thank you once again - so nice of you taking time to help out a newbie.

How about car number 6? According to the site that car is a great choice. Is it missing some key functions? Like PDCC/PCCB?

Best regards
Old 05-06-2018, 07:54 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

You're going to buy a car this expensive without having ever driven one, and without looking at it in person? Wow...
If you have this kind of money to spend, why not take a trip to Germany to test-drive and look at a few of them? I'm confused...
Old 05-06-2018, 09:14 PM
small car lover
Instructor

Thank you once again - so nice of you taking time to help out a newbie.

How about car number 6? According to the site that car is a great choice. Is it missing some key functions? Like PDCC/PCCB?

Best regards
#6 is an Executive version. This version has an additional 6 inches of rear seat legroom and a 6 inch longer wheelbase. This makes an already large car that much larger. I would strongly suggest you see the car in person and drive it car before buying. It will be a big car. And yes, is does not have PCCB (indicated by yellow calipers opposed to the red calipers with steel brakes) and there is no mention of PDCC so I'd venture a guess it doesn't have that option. The Executive does come with a upgraded rear seat area with power rear seats, a larger, raised rear center console, trays and storage in the seatbacks of the front seats and more. This example also appears to have monitors in the ceiling. The car is configured more as a limo than a sport sedan.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:39 PM
c4racer
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I would pick 4. Lower miles Turbo over the Turbo S - especially for 10K less on the price side. 14K Km is barely broken in - even when you put on 40-50K more that's well under 75K.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:55 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by small car lover
#6 is an Executive version. This version has an additional 6 inches of rear seat legroom and a 6 inch longer wheelbase. This makes an already large car that much larger. I would strongly suggest you see the car in person and drive it car before buying. It will be a big car. And yes, is does not have PCCB (indicated by yellow calipers opposed to the red calipers with steel brakes) and there is no mention of PDCC so I'd venture a guess it doesn't have that option. The Executive does come with a upgraded rear seat area with power rear seats, a larger, raised rear center console, trays and storage in the seatbacks of the front seats and more. This example also appears to have monitors in the ceiling. The car is configured more as a limo than a sport sedan.
Those are vanity mirrors in the ceiling.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:09 PM
small car lover
Instructor

Originally Posted by Andial
Those are vanity mirrors in the ceiling.
That makes sense. Thanks.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:29 AM
Minida
Track Day

Thank you so much for your time.

I found this one today. A bit more expensive, but less than 10000 km.

Any reason not to go with this?

Btw I have tried a Panamera.

Best regards
Old 05-08-2018, 07:27 AM
small car lover
Instructor

Thank you so much for your time.

I found this one today. A bit more expensive, but less than 10000 km.

Any reason not to go with this?

Btw I have tried a Panamera.

Best regards
Link?
Old 05-08-2018, 07:30 AM
Minida
Track Day

Woops

Here you go: (updated with a working link)

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/d...9-82594371fdf5

Last edited by Minida; 05-08-2018 at 07:47 AM.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:15 AM
small car lover
Instructor

That car looks like new. It's nice it has the sports exhaust option. The only unusual thing with this example is it does not have Premium Package Plus. This package includes Adaptive Cruise Control w/ Porsche Active Safe which is an auto braking system, seat cooling and soft close doors. It was possible to spec the seat cooling and soft close doors separately. This example doesn't have the cooled (vented) seats. I can't say if it has soft close doors or not.

It's a nice car if you are happy with the spec. I can't comment on the pricing as I'm not familiar with your market.

Quick Reply: Which one would you pick? My new Panamera