Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

New color (Dolomite Silver) and 2+1 comes to regular Panamera plus advice sought!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 01:12 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

Old 05-14-2018, 10:25 AM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ssiminou

The dark headlights would look nice, but not as nice as a car with a lighter exterior (I saw it on a GT Silver car and it’s nice contrast). Also since your exterior is dark, you don’t really need the gloss black SportDesign Pack, is only get it if you don’t like the plastic exteriors. But I would highly recommend the large rear console in combination with Porsche Crest/Model designation on Armrests. This puts either the crest or ‘Panamera 4’ on the front and rear armrests, and looks really cool with the larger rear console. I would also consider the Paldao Interior over Walnut. I’ll post some pics I have that’ll show you what it would look like with your same interior. There really high quality and they’re on my home computer, but I think it’s something you should consider.
Thanks again for your feedback. On the oversized armrest, I considered, but I just can't allow myself to put out the extra $3,180 for what you get. And, I do like the look without it and it seems that it will feel a bit roomier without it. The center backrest panel does drop for an armrest if needed. On the Paldao, I have gone back and forth with it and the Walnut many times. To me, the Paldao is a more classy look and the Walnut seems dated to me. I do like them both, and I am considering the Paldao, but I need to decide if it is worth the extra $1,460. I have a feeling I will select it. Thanks again for the interest and advice (and for the picture). I like the way you think. TJ
Old 05-14-2018, 03:45 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I ordered up my interior the same as in the pics, except I have the walnut instead of the paldao and no wood on the steering.

Holy crap, TJ! $160k for a 4E-H! Mine came in at $133k and I thought I was splurging! lol.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:09 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lbcgolf
I ordered up my interior the same as in the pics, except I have the walnut instead of the paldao and no wood on the steering.

Holy crap, TJ! $160k for a 4E-H! Mine came in at $133k and I thought I was splurging! lol.
LBC, Yes, I know, got carried away. But, did not want to regret not getting something on this, my first Porsche. I am enamored with the technology and want to explore it all. Sounds like you have the same interior I specified, Black/Saddle brown with Walnut. I too got the nude steering wheel, no wood. I do like the Paldao, but like you said, I splurged quite enough. I assume you do not have your car yet, do you have a delivery date? I still have no firm date.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:59 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Originally Posted by Pana TJ
LBC, Yes, I know, got carried away. But, did not want to regret not getting something on this, my first Porsche. I am enamored with the technology and want to explore it all. Sounds like you have the same interior I specified, Black/Saddle brown with Walnut. I too got the nude steering wheel, no wood. I do like the Paldao, but like you said, I splurged quite enough. I assume you do not have your car yet, do you have a delivery date? I still have no firm date.

Yup. I think it goes well with the chalk exterior. All my current P-cars have two tone interiors. The 991 is black/grey, the Cayenne is black/luxor beige, now the Panny, though it will be the only one with wood accents. For my taste, the mono-color interior is just a bit too boring.

It's supposed to have been built 3rd or 4th week of April. So it's LOCKED, AND I CAN'T CHANGE MY MIND!!!! Haha! Reminds me that I have to call the SA to check on the status. The way the estimated timeline laid out was a bit weird though. It's supposed to sit at Emdem for 4 to 6 weeks, and not get to San Diego until mid-July. I'm guessing it's due to arrive at the port just in time to see the transport sail away, so it has to wait until the next one. But the SA said there's a decent chance it gets there in time to catch the earlier transport and get here by mid-June. We'll see...
Old 05-14-2018, 08:48 PM
Will Tell
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Everyone... Update...

Just got back from several nights in the hospital. I deny all knowledge of this but apparently in the middle of the night I tripped the alarm at my local dealer. Police came--it was a right hullabaloo. I was found, so they say, rummaging through all the color bins looking for a sample of Dolomite Silver. Got a bit dicey when one of the cops asked me why I broke into the Porsh dealership. I am told that I went a little mental on him and started yelling "Porsha! It's pronounced Porsha! Ye fat dumkopf!"

Anyway... I am in interior options hell. In order to placate the wife, I did away with the all-bordello in favor of the seat centers (indebted to ssiminou for the suggestion) and that opened up all sorts of problems. The combinations are endless. Of course, I chose the red seat inserts, red tach, red chrono and red belts. And since carbon goes really well with all that I added the carbon package plus carbon heated steering wheel.

Problem is (yes, in a first world kinda way), wife still hated it. Said I looked like an ex-footballer-turned-pundit with matching shirt, tie, and pocket square. 47 new builds later and I came up with chalk interior and black inserts. Didn't need to order matching belts, tach or chrono as that's all standard! And I have to say, it looked great with the silver exterior.

Sent it off to the dealer only to be told that the factory was shutting down for August and this would delay my build from late June to September for delivery in October and that I might want to consider offset stitching instead as this would be "less of a delay." Oh FFS! Little do they know I have a cousin in Stuttgart. No, he doesn't work for PAG but... well, let's just say he's going to call Leipzig tomorrow for some intel. Hehehehehe!

If I can squeeze it I'll go by the dealer tomorrow. Another 23 builds and I've come up with all black leather, chalk stitching and yes, you guessed it, chalk belts, white chrono, white tach. It actually looks fantastic on the 3D. But, of course, it's the most expensive of the lot. I'll save a bit by killing the carbon steering wheel and carbon interior in favor of the regular wheel (don't forget the stitching) and brushed aluminum.

Ibcgolf is basically right, of course. Except for the GT Silver. You wait though, I'll go to the dealer tomorrow and he'll have suddenly found a sample of that Dolomite Grey and I'll be so horrified by it I'll end up getting the GT Silver anyway. You know how they say 50 is the new 40? Looks like $200k is the new $150!

If you don't hear more from me it's because I am not in the looney bin but locked away for having burned the dealership down.

Groooooaaaan.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:40 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Originally Posted by Will Tell
Hello Everyone... Update...

Just got back from several nights in the hospital. I deny all knowledge of this but apparently in the middle of the night I tripped the alarm at my local dealer. Police came--it was a right hullabaloo. I was found, so they say, rummaging through all the color bins looking for a sample of Dolomite Silver. Got a bit dicey when one of the cops asked me why I broke into the Porsh dealership. I am told that I went a little mental on him and started yelling "Porsha! It's pronounced Porsha! Ye fat dumkopf!"

Anyway... I am in interior options hell. In order to placate the wife, I did away with the all-bordello in favor of the seat centers (indebted to ssiminou for the suggestion) and that opened up all sorts of problems. The combinations are endless. Of course, I chose the red seat inserts, red tach, red chrono and red belts. And since carbon goes really well with all that I added the carbon package plus carbon heated steering wheel.

Problem is (yes, in a first world kinda way), wife still hated it. Said I looked like an ex-footballer-turned-pundit with matching shirt, tie, and pocket square. 47 new builds later and I came up with chalk interior and black inserts. Didn't need to order matching belts, tach or chrono as that's all standard! And I have to say, it looked great with the silver exterior.

Sent it off to the dealer only to be told that the factory was shutting down for August and this would delay my build from late June to September for delivery in October and that I might want to consider offset stitching instead as this would be "less of a delay." Oh FFS! Little do they know I have a cousin in Stuttgart. No, he doesn't work for PAG but... well, let's just say he's going to call Leipzig tomorrow for some intel. Hehehehehe!

If I can squeeze it I'll go by the dealer tomorrow. Another 23 builds and I've come up with all black leather, chalk stitching and yes, you guessed it, chalk belts, white chrono, white tach. It actually looks fantastic on the 3D. But, of course, it's the most expensive of the lot. I'll save a bit by killing the carbon steering wheel and carbon interior in favor of the regular wheel (don't forget the stitching) and brushed aluminum.

Ibcgolf is basically right, of course. Except for the GT Silver. You wait though, I'll go to the dealer tomorrow and he'll have suddenly found a sample of that Dolomite Grey and I'll be so horrified by it I'll end up getting the GT Silver anyway. You know how they say 50 is the new 40? Looks like $200k is the new $150!

If you don't hear more from me it's because I am not in the looney bin but locked away for having burned the dealership down.

Groooooaaaan.

Wow! You did a total 360 in terms of color choices. Was the wife against adding the chalk inserts as well? The contrast with chalk stitching on black is good enough for some extra color, but I think it'd be kinda cool to have a 'oreo' interior. Send us a code; I'd love to take a look.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:43 PM
ssiminou
Banned

I'm still not sure if I should add Rear Wheel Steering. By the way, do you guys think a Black/Saddle interior would look bad with Agate Grey? After seeing those pics of the car with a Paldao interior, I really like it.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:43 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Will Tell, once again, great post. As always, you had me smiling. Love your humor. I put your interior options together and watched it in 3D. Looks really nice. Great contrasts and combinations. This is a labor of love you are going through. In the end it will be worth it. Look at it as part of the fun. And just think about how much you are learning about the car before you get it.
What part of the country do you live? City, State? Does it get cold? You definitely want the heated steering wheel if it does.
One last thing, I hope they have good Wi-Fi in the looney bin so you can continue with your torment. TJ
Old 05-14-2018, 11:38 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Originally Posted by Will Tell
Little do they know I have a cousin in Stuttgart. No, he doesn't work for PAG but... well, let's just say he's going to call Leipzig tomorrow for some intel. Hehehehehe!
Yeah because if you can't trust a Schwabe who can you trust, eh? He's most certainly more frugal than you!

I know you got the GL450 kiddiemobile but I'm guessing the rugrats are gonna wanna ride with daddy in the new wheels at SOME POINT. Kids are verboten in a chalk interior car.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:43 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Has anyone seen a Marsala interior in person? It doesn't seem to be very popular but I'm looking into alternatives from the Black Leather Interior.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:14 AM
Will Tell
Rennlist Member

Talking

Originally Posted by lbcgolf
Yeah because if you can't trust a Schwabe who can you trust, eh? He's most certainly more frugal than you!

I know you got the GL450 kiddiemobile but I'm guessing the rugrats are gonna wanna ride with daddy in the new wheels at SOME POINT. Kids are verboten in a chalk interior car.
HAHAHA! You are right! And you are right! But to be clear, it was a chalk interior with black seat inserts. In any event, I've already put in an order for kid-size hazmat suits that I will force the little effers to wear. And even if I don't go with the chalk+black seat inserts given the spectre of a lengthy delay I'm still going to have them wear them anyway.

Amazon Amazon
Old 05-15-2018, 10:19 AM
Will Tell
Rennlist Member

Smile

Will Tell, once again, great post. As always, you had me smiling. Love your humor. I put your interior options together and watched it in 3D. Looks really nice. Great contrasts and combinations. This is a labor of love you are going through. In the end it will be worth it. Look at it as part of the fun. And just think about how much you are learning about the car before you get it.
What part of the country do you live? City, State? Does it get cold? You definitely want the heated steering wheel if it does.
One last thing, I hope they have good Wi-Fi in the looney bin so you can continue with your torment. TJ
I aim to please, Pana TJ! Or as my wife said re the bordeaux: "I'm aiming to be pleased!" Will post my new interior builds shortly. BTW, does anyone know how to capture and post the 3D configurator pics like ssiminou did so well?
Old 05-15-2018, 10:30 AM
Will Tell
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ssiminou
Wow! You did a total 360 in terms of color choices. Was the wife against adding the chalk inserts as well? The contrast with chalk stitching on black is good enough for some extra color, but I think it'd be kinda cool to have a 'oreo' interior. Send us a code; I'd love to take a look.
No, she was definitely cool with it and I love the "Oreo" descriptor. No, the problem is the seat inserts will delay the car til October/November. That's when the dealer came back saying I should consider the stitching INSTEAD (oh, I know what you're thinking) as it's less of a delay. In truth, I did a quick couple of builds which I will try and post later and I have to say, it's pretty damn cool. Black seats white or red stitching, white or red belts, white or red tach and chrono. Bottom line, is I don't want to settle for a one-color interior as, FFS, it's, well, it's a door sill or two from $180K! But I don't want it to be garish (yes, even I eventually saw what my wife was saying re the bordello red). I just wish I could get clarity on options and what "delay" each will tack on...
Old 05-15-2018, 10:38 AM
Will Tell
Rennlist Member

I live in the NYC area. We do the opposite of most; wife and I work in suburbs but kept our little pied-a-terre in NYC where we spend the weekends. Regardless, of what steering wheel I get it will be heated. And, yes, I too hope the looney bin I end up in has good wifi, though I'm sure, for added torment, the 3-D Configurator on the P-website won't be working. It's pronounced Porsha! Ye hear? Porsha!

Quick Reply: New color (Dolomite Silver) and 2+1 comes to regular Panamera plus advice sought!