Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

New color (Dolomite Silver) and 2+1 comes to regular Panamera plus advice sought!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 04:01 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ssiminou
It's kinda annoying, but he said that if I wanted to wait for a 2019, it'd be months until the allocation could be allotted. So unfortunately mine is going to be a late MY 2018 build.
Yeah, when I briefly inquired about going that route I got the same reply. Seems to be the pat answer from the dealer. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with them wanting to book the sale sooner rather than later, but some of it has to do with not knowing when the '19s will be available to order/for sale.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:39 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

When I sent over the ‘go-ahead’ for my build sheet, I also told my SA to email corporate about sending me a dolomite silver paint sample. He agreed, but said that the color is too new for Porsche to do anything. He is correct, but I still decided to call 1-800-PORSCHE.

I called 1-800-PORSCHE yesterday, and I spoke to someone in Customer Relations/Product Information. You’d think they’d be able to ask for samples or at least do something, but he thought I was talking about a PTS color. After a few minutes of calmly explaining that Dolomite is a optional color from the standard range, he said that he couldn’t do anything. I then asked him to send an email to someone at the factory to just take a picture of Dolomite, Rhodium, & GT Silver next to each other, and although he said it was a good idea, he said he couldn’t do anything.

So, I’m trying to just find even a picture of Dolomite Silver, and it’s proving to be a lot harder than it should be.

Also, since I’m doing PEC delivery, (for those who are interested in the process), I had to fill out two forms: one basically like an agreement with terms and conditions and room to ask questions or make special requestions. The second was a questionnaire, which is technically supposed to be filled out by the SA, but since I’m so ‘particular’ and ‘esteemed’ according to him, he wanted me to fill it out. He knows me so well I also got an introductory email from PCNA, introducing me to a general timeline and process for delivery. By the way, if you cancel PEC delivery within two weeks of delivery, you pay a $500 cancellation fee plus the fee to transport your car back to your dealer. My delivery is going to be sometime around mid-November, but a fancy leather booklet with name tags, brochures, contact information will be sent later.

I’m also in a pickle with my Cayenne. The registration expires October 24, 2018 and I’d need to pay about $500 to renew it. Do I pay the $500 to renew the car and only drive for 1-2 weeks? I feel like I shouldn’t; the ticket for not having it costs $50. Any ideas of what I should do? I’m thinking to turn the car in on time and ask the dealer I turn my car into for a service loaner, though they will be hesitant to give me a car for two weeks. In CA I can just take off the plates and no one will care because it’ll look ‘new’ (we don’t have temp plates, just a tiny temp registration sticker on the windshield).

Sorry for writing so much...
Old 05-30-2018, 12:49 PM
Will Tell
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I sent over the ‘go-ahead’ for my build sheet, I also told my SA to email corporate about sending me a dolomite silver paint sample. He agreed, but said that the color is too new for Porsche to do anything. He is correct, but I still decided to call 1-800-PORSCHE.

I called 1-800-PORSCHE yesterday, and I spoke to someone in Customer Relations/Product Information. You’d think they’d be able to ask for samples or at least do something, but he thought I was talking about a PTS color. After a few minutes of calmly explaining that Dolomite is a optional color from the standard range, he said that he couldn’t do anything. I then asked him to send an email to someone at the factory to just take a picture of Dolomite, Rhodium, & GT Silver next to each other, and although he said it was a good idea, he said he couldn’t do anything.

So, I’m trying to just find even a picture of Dolomite Silver, and it’s proving to be a lot harder than it should be.

Also, since I’m doing PEC delivery, (for those who are interested in the process), I had to fill out two forms: one basically like an agreement with terms and conditions and room to ask questions or make special requestions. The second was a questionnaire, which is technically supposed to be filled out by the SA, but since I’m so ‘particular’ and ‘esteemed’ according to him, he wanted me to fill it out. He knows me so well I also got an introductory email from PCNA, introducing me to a general timeline and process for delivery. By the way, if you cancel PEC delivery within two weeks of delivery, you pay a $500 cancellation fee plus the fee to transport your car back to your dealer. My delivery is going to be sometime around mid-November, but a fancy leather booklet with name tags, brochures, contact information will be sent later.

I’m also in a pickle with my Cayenne. The registration expires October 24, 2018 and I’d need to pay about $500 to renew it. Do I pay the $500 to renew the car and only drive for 1-2 weeks? I feel like I shouldn’t; the ticket for not having it costs $50. Any ideas of what I should do? I’m thinking to turn the car in on time and ask the dealer I turn my car into for a service loaner, though they will be hesitant to give me a car for two weeks. In CA I can just take off the plates and no one will care because it’ll look ‘new’ (we don’t have temp plates, just a tiny temp registration sticker on the windshield).

Sorry for writing so much...
Hang on... $500 to renew REGISTRATION? Have I just never paid attention to how much it costs me...? No... I just reregistered my pig (GL450) for $80 here in the not-so-great state of NJ. I'm not one for encouraging anyone to break the law, but... COUGH! no COUGH! brainer COUGH! COUGH!... Sorry, allergies... There again, 911 loaner for a couple of weeks...
Old 05-30-2018, 12:57 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Look at this link:

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1dmy&urile=wcmath:/dmv_content_en/dmv/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr34

Scroll Down its page to see all of the different fees and taxes. My tax rate is 9.5%!
Old 05-30-2018, 01:07 PM
Will Tell
Rennlist Member

Look at this link:

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1dmy&urile=wcmath:/dmv_content_en/dmv/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr34

Scroll Down its page to see all of the different fees and taxes. My tax rate is 9.5%!
Whaaaaaaaaa? If you can't get a loaner, eff that!
Old 05-30-2018, 06:37 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Will Tell
Hang on... $500 to renew REGISTRATION? Have I just never paid attention to how much it costs me...? No... I just reregistered my pig (GL450) for $80 here in the not-so-great state of NJ. I'm not one for encouraging anyone to break the law, but... COUGH! no COUGH! brainer COUGH! COUGH!... Sorry, allergies... There again, 911 loaner for a couple of weeks...
Why don't you register in NY?
+1 on running plateless. Since you're leasing your Cayenne, presumably it is still the current generation and looks new.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:48 PM
Will Tell
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lbcgolf
Yeah, look at the thread where people say they're gonna hold off on buying the current gen Panny until the GTS comes out. After purchase, try not to have any regrets about the choices you made or when you made them. Porsche comes up with something a little different all the time, up and down their lineup. People with a sh**load more disposable income than me eat it all up, dump their one year purchases, damn the depreciation, because they just have to have the latest and greatest. Porsche knows what they're doing.

If I delayed buying my 911 by 6 months, I probably would've wound up with a Graphite Blue 4S Targa instead of my DBM C2S Cabrio. Color and body style was not available at the time. I love her all the same, no regrets.
THIS BEGGARS BELIEF!!! Or does it? I finally (FINALLY) made the decision about my build and emailed it to my SA plus SM. I didn't share it with you guys because I wanted to wait for the dealer to confirm everything. Today, he did. If I want to go ahead with the deviated stitching it will throw me out of my current "commission number," give me a new one, and I'll be lucky to see the car before the end of the year. ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME!!!!???? Now this is getting really, really silly.

Patience is one thing. I want the car, I want the specs, I have to wait. But this is starting to take me for an idiot. There will be a new MY by the time I even see my car. And I'm going to feel really, really sick if there are things on it that I can't get. Now, my SA makes a good point re the HUD--which I'd love--saying it's new on the Cayenne because that's a completely new model and not to assume it'll be on the MY19 panny because it requires a dash redesign to accommodate it. That said, getting a new last year model just in time for the depth of winter... Oh, for $175K!!!!

That's at the upper range, even for Porsche. Surely, PAG should be bending over backwards to accommodate my "Exclusive" bits. Hello, PAG, if you want to charge a premium over the RS7, M5, and E63s don't screw me on my build and MY... I really am starting to get a bad taste. I know my SA is not out to do this to me. And I'm trying not to make a good relationship contentious but who else do I push back on? And I get ze Germans, too; Christ, I'm half Swiss, myself. I know they can be real sticklers but, c'mon, get with the program! $175K!!!! WTF!!!!
Old 05-31-2018, 01:24 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

THIS BEGGARS BELIEF!!! Or does it? I finally (FINALLY) made the decision about my build and emailed it to my SA plus SM. I didn't share it with you guys because I wanted to wait for the dealer to confirm everything. Today, he did. If I want to go ahead with the deviated stitching it will throw me out of my current "commission number," give me a new one, and I'll be lucky to see the car before the end of the year. ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME!!!!???? Now this is getting really, really silly.

Patience is one thing. I want the car, I want the specs, I have to wait. But this is starting to take me for an idiot. There will be a new MY by the time I even see my car. And I'm going to feel really, really sick if there are things on it that I can't get. Now, my SA makes a good point re the HUD--which I'd love--saying it's new on the Cayenne because that's a completely new model and not to assume it'll be on the MY19 panny because it requires a dash redesign to accommodate it. That said, getting a new last year model just in time for the depth of winter... Oh, for $175K!!!!

That's at the upper range, even for Porsche. Surely, PAG should be bending over backwards to accommodate my "Exclusive" bits. Hello, PAG, if you want to charge a premium over the RS7, M5, and E63s don't screw me on my build and MY... I really am starting to get a bad taste. I know my SA is not out to do this to me. And I'm trying not to make a good relationship contentious but who else do I push back on? And I get ze Germans, too; Christ, I'm half Swiss, myself. I know they can be real sticklers but, c'mon, get with the program! $175K!!!! WTF!!!!
WT, I feel your pain. This process will test your last nerve at times. Glad that you are making some progress, as painful as it is.
My SA told me that while in training for the new Cayenne, he was told that HUD will not be available on the Panamera until model year 2021 the earliest. He told me that there will be nothing of ANY significance different between 2018 and 2019. I am used to the HUD with my Audi and love it, but I will surely get used to not having it when my Panny is delivered in a few months. We look forward to see what you FINALLY ended up with.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:12 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Have you guys been reading the news that Porsche has confirmed that due to the new emission testing WLTP they will not be selling custom built MY2019 on short term? I would say WT, you would be lucky if you see anything this year if get a new commission number.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:44 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Originally Posted by rsyed
Have you guys been reading the news that Porsche has confirmed that due to the new emission testing WLTP they will not be selling custom built MY2019 on short term? I would say WT, you would be lucky if you see anything this year if get a new commission number.

I have not heard/read anything about this, but it's making me more and more thankful to my SA for securing me one of the last 2018s. Hopefully they'll do all of the software updates and sort out some kinks, especially with the hybrid system.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:52 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I posted a thread linking to an article a week ago. But yesterday a Porsche Spokesperson confirmed it:

https://de.reuters.com/article/deuts...-idDEKCN1IX4L4

Translated to English:

Porsche slows car sales due to new emission measurement cycles

Reuters Editor

Hamburg (Reuters) - Porsche has to throttle the sale of new cars because of the new emission measurement cycles.

"It comes temporarily to a limited offer," said a spokesman on Friday in Stuttgart. "But we will not stop selling new cars." The FAZ had previously reported online that Porsche no longer sells new cars in Europe. The sports car manufacturer does not lag behind with the adaptation to new emission standards.

Other manufacturers are also moaning under higher loads due to the new WLTP test cycle. According to previous data, the Porsche parent Volkswagen expects that the costs will rise as a result and anticipates production restrictions in the coming months.
Old 06-02-2018, 07:40 PM
Seanlabonte
Platinum Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts

I called Porsche Corporate in Atlanta re the Dolomite. Super helpful; they called all the Exclusives in my area. No one has it. No samples, nothing. But PC in Germany emailed her photos of chips which she sent to me. Tough to know what to do as I really don't want to spend the extra 3K on the GT Silver yet it's a little cray to blind order the color on a 170K car.

Dolomite Silver1

Dolomite Silver2

That looks amazing.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:15 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Rhodium Silver was just removed from the configurator, so I guess it's Dolomite & GT from here-on-out!

WT, were those the only photos of Dolomite that the rep sent you? She literally cut part of it off in the second pic, and in the first, it's under direct fluorescent lighting.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:14 PM
ssiminou
Banned

By the way, my SA just emailed me with a Credit Application and an order form to sign. Is this normal?
Old 06-04-2018, 05:16 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

By the way, my SA just emailed me with a Credit Application and an order form to sign. Is this normal?
Are you planning to lease or finance? I don't see the purpose otherwise.

Quick Reply: New color (Dolomite Silver) and 2+1 comes to regular Panamera plus advice sought!