Panamera 2010-Current

2018 Pana Turbo S E-Hybrid released

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 10:32 PM
Big Ben
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ervin Wu,

If this message was for Big Ben, I still have my Range Rover and still have "just" the e-Hybrid on order and not the Turbo S Hybrid on order. I am still thinking I am going to trade in my 2016 RR for a 2019 Range Rover LWB as a better value instead of getting the "Turbo S". However, with CHADW and some other Turbo S posts, I may have to revisit the "Turbo S Hybrid" version in 2020 or 2021. I would love to get the exact one, but "certified used" to save in the depreciation.

They just posted a video of the BMW M5, E63S, Cadilac, and Panamera Turbo S Hybrid. Looks like the E63S and M5 are both quicker/faster than even the mighty 680HP Panamera. But looking at the total package, the Panamera's interior, exterior, and hybrid technology, it is just far superior to that of the BMW and MB. Even though it looked slower and more expensive, the Panamera Turbo S seems to be almost the "perfect package" except for the price.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:23 AM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by CHADW
I’ll try my best.

Golf cart mode is amazing. I love it and our Mission E future is looking bright. I think the world needs a little more infrastructure before all electric is the best solution. Golf cart plus twin turbo V-8 is really fun and sounds great.

The ride in the previous turbo S was a deal breaker and kept me away. It’s not supposed to be a GT. I’m sure suspension technology and programmability has come a long way because it handles well and has a really nice ride now.

Best factory sound system ever put in a car.

Technology, fit and finish are impressive. Even the green looks good - sporty but still classy enough.

Its a current S class with Porsche looks, feel and performance.
Thanks - I ordered the Burmester, so I am pleased to hear that. I think this car is going to be one of the greats. I, too, am intrigued by the technology and mix of electric and Internal Combustion. I think it will be a terrific daily driver.
Thx again and enjoy!
Jeff
Old 04-17-2018, 10:49 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
Thanks - I ordered the Burmester, so I am pleased to hear that. I think this car is going to be one of the greats. I, too, am intrigued by the technology and mix of electric and Internal Combustion. I think it will be a terrific daily driver.
Thx again and enjoy!
Jeff
Thanks, you too.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:02 AM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Ben
Ervin Wu,

If this message was for Big Ben, I still have my Range Rover and still have "just" the e-Hybrid on order and not the Turbo S Hybrid on order. I am still thinking I am going to trade in my 2016 RR for a 2019 Range Rover LWB as a better value instead of getting the "Turbo S". However, with CHADW and some other Turbo S posts, I may have to revisit the "Turbo S Hybrid" version in 2020 or 2021. I would love to get the exact one, but "certified used" to save in the depreciation.

They just posted a video of the BMW M5, E63S, Cadilac, and Panamera Turbo S Hybrid. Looks like the E63S and M5 are both quicker/faster than even the mighty 680HP Panamera. But looking at the total package, the Panamera's interior, exterior, and hybrid technology, it is just far superior to that of the BMW and MB. Even though it looked slower and more expensive, the Panamera Turbo S seems to be almost the "perfect package" except for the price.
I agree with you on all points. I actually quoted JCBH and was asking him. I didn't know you had a RR. The facelift RR has a pretty trick rear electronic centre console. However, I think 2017 was the sweet spot with the full size centre screen with buttons underneath, and a more pleasant seat design.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:19 AM
Big Ben
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ervin,

I hear you on the buttons, but the dual screen looks nice. From what I heard, the seats are more comfortable in the 2018 and that is why I will be switching out of mine soon. The calf rest for the back seat looks amazingly comfortable. I will the Panamera Executive version would have a calf rest. I might be doing many trips from So Cal to San Diego and that is why the seat enhancements is calling my name. Now if I was going alone or maybe picking up my son, I am looking forward to cruising in the Panamera.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:05 AM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
What happened to the Range Rover?
Hi - we still have a 2016 Range Rover V8 SC but am getting tired of it - hoping my wife will let me replace it with a new Cayenne Turbo.
Jeff
Old 04-18-2018, 09:32 AM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

Dealer prep in progress!
Old 04-18-2018, 03:57 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Ben
Ervin,

I hear you on the buttons, but the dual screen looks nice. From what I heard, the seats are more comfortable in the 2018 and that is why I will be switching out of mine soon. The calf rest for the back seat looks amazingly comfortable. I will the Panamera Executive version would have a calf rest. I might be doing many trips from So Cal to San Diego and that is why the seat enhancements is calling my name. Now if I was going alone or maybe picking up my son, I am looking forward to cruising in the Panamera.
The seats are softer in the new one. I think the sporty nature of the Panamera was why a calf rest isn't present. The Maserati Quattroporte and Jaguar XJ don't have it either, but the Lexus LS, BMW 7 Series, and Mercedes-Benz S-Class have it.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:42 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by W8MM

Dealer prep in progress!
Congrats - exciting stuff!
Old 04-20-2018, 01:14 AM
Keryon
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi all! First post here. Been waiting on my Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid since June. I'm in a CARB state. Anyone in the same situation receive theirs yet / have any updates?

For all my fellow soon to be owners, I feel your pain but know its worth the wait!

Last edited by Keryon; 04-20-2018 at 01:32 AM.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:04 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Got to experience/drive a Panamera Turbo S e-Hybrid Sport Turismo this past week. Wow what a terrific car. In electric mode it is so smooth and quiet (like a space ship) and with the sport or sport mode plus it is a monster. Really fun and reaffirmed my decision to get one this summer. Very excited.
Jeff
Attached Images       
Old 04-22-2018, 10:31 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you got to try one, it is such a good all around car. I put some more miles on mine this weekend and just love electric mode with a 550hp twin turbo V8 chaser. It’s so good I would like to get one more iteration with twice the electric motor and battery, even if I had to give up a little ICE power, before the Mission E.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:43 PM
Keryon
Rennlist Member

Default CARB certification update

I have contacted the person in charge of CARB certification for the Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid and got a response.

Here is his response:

“I'm working on that application at this time and the executive order should be signed in the next week or two. Porsche seems to have been either especially slow in submitting applications for 2018 vehicles or especially early taking orders for 2018 vehicles.”

Old 05-07-2018, 08:18 PM
Keryon
Rennlist Member

Its official as of today 5/7!

CARB Certification Panamera Turbo S Models
Old 05-15-2018, 02:11 PM
donutcritic
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Sweet! Of course no proactive message from my $tealer as to where & when my car will arrive (been at Oakland port since March).

UPDATE - Dealer replied noting the car will arrive tomorrow! Too bad I'm out of the country.

Last edited by donutcritic; 05-15-2018 at 03:27 PM. Reason: updates

Quick Reply: 2018 Pana Turbo S E-Hybrid released