Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

CARB certification - finally

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 08:06 PM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default CARB certification - finally

As of March 8, CARB has now certified all versions of the Sport Turismo, except the e-Hybrids. The Executive Order was posted on CARB's website today, March 12. This news is not via Porsche - I saw it myself on CARB. I called my salesman, who said he hadn't heard and that the Porsche system hasn't yet been updated to show the clearance.

I'm hopeful that I may actually see my new PTST by the end of this week, after over 3 months of sitting on the dock in San Diego. The latest word from Porsche is that the e-Hybrids still seem to be stuck until at least some time in April. I guess the one ray of sunshine is that the ST's were estimated to clear "around March 16" and were actually cleared a week earlier. The GT3 Tourings, with the same "about March 16" due dates, actually cleared about a week ago - two weeks ahead of estimate. Does this mean that the process is accelerating somewhat? Time will tell.

DMoore
'18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo... finally EPA/CARB certified... delivery any day now
'16 Cayman
'16 RS7 and '15 GT3, about to be traded in.
'18 911 GTS, delivery due in May
Old 03-12-2018, 08:16 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Its worth the wait...I love my Turbo...
Old 03-12-2018, 08:56 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by DMoore
As of March 8, CARB has now certified all versions of the Sport Turismo, except the e-Hybrids. The Executive Order was posted on CARB's website today, March 12. This news is not via Porsche - I saw it myself on CARB. I called my salesman, who said he hadn't heard and that the Porsche system hasn't yet been updated to show the clearance.

I'm hopeful that I may actually see my new PTST by the end of this week, after over 3 months of sitting on the dock in San Diego. The latest word from Porsche is that the e-Hybrids still seem to be stuck until at least some time in April. I guess the one ray of sunshine is that the ST's were estimated to clear "around March 16" and were actually cleared a week earlier. The GT3 Tourings, with the same "about March 16" due dates, actually cleared about a week ago - two weeks ahead of estimate. Does this mean that the process is accelerating somewhat? Time will tell.

DMoore
'18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo... finally EPA/CARB certified... delivery any day now
'16 Cayman
'16 RS7 and '15 GT3, about to be traded in.
'18 911 GTS, delivery due in May
Let us know as soon as it gets to your dealer. Curious how long it will take to be delivered now that it has been cleared.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:01 PM
DMoore
Pro

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Let us know as soon as it gets to your dealer. Curious how long it will take to be delivered now that it has been cleared.
My dealer is only 100 miles from the Port of San Diego. At this point, I think the only remaining issue should be availability/scheduling of transportation. The car was certified on 3/8, so it's already been 4 days since then. But since Porsche's computer still shows it as held at the port, I'm not sure how much longer it will take. I suggested to my salesman that after this long, they should send a flatbed down to San Diego to pick up my car and bring it to me! When the laughter subsided, he said "shouldn't be long now." Harrumph!

DMoore
'18 PTST - almost...
Old 03-14-2018, 01:39 AM
DMoore
Pro

Latest...

As of today (3/13) my PTST is V810 - released for transport. Dealer says to expect car in next couple of days. Is this really, finally happening???

DMoore
Old 03-14-2018, 01:43 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Latest...

As of today (3/13) my PTST is V810 - released for transport. Dealer says to expect car in next couple of days. Is this really, finally happening???

DMoore
That is great news!! The E-Hybrids are still waiting for final CARB Management approval. It's my understanding everything has been completed as of almost two weeks ago but management still hasn't approved it?? What dealer are you using in the LA area if you don't mind me asking?
Old 03-14-2018, 06:44 PM
DMoore
Pro

Lefty:

Walter's Porsche of Riverside. I've bought all of my cars, Audis and Porsches there (13 cars total) since 2005.

DMoore
About to finally receive my '18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo
Old 03-14-2018, 08:44 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Lefty:

Walter's Porsche of Riverside. I've bought all of my cars, Audis and Porsches there (13 cars total) since 2005.

DMoore
About to finally receive my '18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo
Send some photos when you get your car. Are you buying or leasing?
Old 03-14-2018, 10:10 PM
DMoore
Pro

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Send some photos when you get your car. Are you buying or leasing?
Buying Panamera. I plan to trade in both my '16 RS7 (owned) and '15 GT3 (leased) on the PTST. I also have a 911 GTS on order - due to arrive next month. That's a lease and will replace the GT3 in the garage.

DMoore
Old 03-14-2018, 10:23 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Buying Panamera. I plan to trade in both my '16 RS7 (owned) and '15 GT3 (leased) on the PTST. I also have a 911 GTS on order - due to arrive next month. That's a lease and will replace the GT3 in the garage.

DMoore
I'm still trying to decide whether to buy or lease. What lease terms (mileage/years) are you considering? Can you share the residual and money factor you've been quoted on the 911? I've heard .0025 and 58% on a Panamera 39 month lease and curious what you are being told.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:02 PM
DMoore
Pro

It's official. Just received photo from my salesman of my car being offloaded at the dealership. 1700 PDT, 3/15/18. Only 3 months and 1 week after it arrived in San Diego. 9 months after I ordered it. Good grief.

DMoore
'18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:19 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

It's official. Just received photo from my salesman of my car being offloaded at the dealership. 1700 PDT, 3/15/18. Only 3 months and 1 week after it arrived in San Diego. 9 months after I ordered it. Good grief.

DMoore
Great news that it has arrived. Please share a photo of it when you can.
I have a Pan4 ST E-Hybrid on order, expected arrival at port in Rhode Island in June.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:49 AM
appenzell
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DMoore
Great news so that is 3 days after CARB website posting or 7 days after signing of exec order to get the car from Port to Dealer (San Diego to LA)
Old 03-16-2018, 03:28 AM
DMoore
Pro

Originally Posted by appenzell
Great news so that is 3 days after CARB website posting or 7 days after signing of exec order to get the car from Port to Dealer (San Diego to LA)
Executive order from CARB dated 3/8. Didn't appear on website until 3/12. Car cleared for transport 3/13. Delivered to dealer in Riverside CA at 1700 on 3/15. It will be ready for delivery afternoon of 3/16.

Now... how do I get out of work early? Oh wait. I'm the supervisor! I should be able to work this out...

More good news is that my 911 GTS is already half way across the Atlantic, en route to Newark. ETA San Diego is 4/7. Since that model has already cleared CARB I should get it within days after it hits dry ground. So in the next month I should have not one but two new Porsches! It also means goodbye to my GT3, but it was a great three years of DE's, TT's and AX's in it.

DMoore
'18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo less that 24 hours away
Old 03-16-2018, 06:18 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very jealous of your to be garage - pretty much perfect. Maybe need a Range Rover for the winter but otherwise perfect.

Quick Reply: CARB certification - finally