Panamera 2010-Current

Chassis System Failure

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 11:23 PM
bigfoot68
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chassis System Failure

First I would like to introduce myself and say "Hi". My name is Jeff and I bought a 2011 Panamera 4S about a month and a half ago. I had a Cayenne for several years that met an early death.

I did do a search and could not find the info I needed.

I went to the airport yesterday (San Diego) and the roads suck and are bumpy and potholed. On the way back after getting on the freeway about 10 minutes later the Chassis System Failure notice comes on and the ride is definitely different. You can feel every bump. Up until this point I have had no problem with the air suspension. Obviously with the error none of the suspension settings could be used.

I got back to m condo, pulled over and turned off the car. Opened and closed the door to let the car think I exited. Did it again for entry. Started the car and was able to raise the suspension to get into the underground garage. Parked and set the car to Sport and Sport+. You can see the car adjust but not settle low like it should. I try the buttons several times and I do get responses in height but never settles like it should. I shut it off and get out. You can obviously see the front is way to high and low in the back.

I threw the Durametric on it today and cleared everything. Tested and did not get an error right away but the car still did not sit right even though I could feel and see the front and back adjust. Drove it a short distance and the System failure came back. Durametric showed me a code of 12656778/c1208a Check PASM control unit fault memory content
warning indicator off
Test not completed this monitoring cycle
Test failed since last clear
Test not completed since last clear
Pending DTC
Test failed this operation cycle
Fault Active
I don't think it would be the compressor as the car does seem to adjust somewhat. With the above message I would suspect the control unit. And I do not see where in the Durametric I can check the fault memory content.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to provide as much info as I could. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:02 AM
pmichaelis
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 2010 4S did this and the shop found that the control valve was sticking and had to be replaced. The repair ran me about $1300.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:47 AM
bigfoot68
AutoX

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will be making an appointment for it. This is definitely a time I miss not having my own garage to look at it. But it needed to go in for the recall anyway.
Old 03-08-2018, 03:12 AM
dougpan4
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Please update us what P dealer say ... my 2016 pan4, the steering wheel was jerking at the parking lot yesterday I thought I had power steering problem. When I got home, parked in the driveway, I steered left and right. No Jerking or vibrating ... Thought I need to make an appointment with P dealer ... Lucky, it is still under warranty ...
Old 04-10-2018, 09:11 PM
bigfoot68
AutoX

Sorry for the delay in updating. The problem was the left front height sensor. $815 later it is fixed.

Quick Reply: Chassis System Failure