Panamera 4-E ST - E-mode issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 05:51 AM
KNor
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panamera 4-E ST - E-mode issues

Hi,

So I got my hybrid Sport Turismo about a month ago, and there's one peculiar thing that annoys me... even when driving in E-Mode, the car will switch to the combustion engine for absolutely no good reason and refuse to switch back to E-mode for a good bit of time. It's not exactly a massive problem, but it still annoys me. Anyone got any idea why it does this?

If I turn off the ignition and restart in e-mode, it will keep running on electric so there doesn't seem to be external reasons for the switch.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:45 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

More details? How full is the battery charge when this happens? What's the outside ambient temperature when this happens? What's your speed when this happens?
Old 04-11-2018, 04:09 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you accelerate "too" hard, or the pre-heat is on when you start the engine then it comes on and has to undertake the warm-up cycle for circa 5 mins. Also if it's very cold (3 degrees or less) outside then it can do also because batteries not delivering enough power.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:54 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

As others say above.
It can catch you out occasionally if you pull out at a junction say. Its loads better than the pervious model, that would come on way to often.

You will get used to it and adapt yourself a bit so it doesn't.

Once it is on, theres a lot of criteria for it to go back to electric, not least oil/water temps. I agree its frustrating sometimes.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4-E ST - E-mode issues