Disable Engine-Stop in Park?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 01:57 PM
DrWoa
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Disable Engine-Stop in Park?

edit: I have a 971 panamera TT

I've learned to live with auto start stop, but one major annoyance I have has to do with the porsche logic when leaving your car, especially with a valet.

Come to a complete stop.
Press the Park Button. Car engine turns off.
Turn the starter **** to turn it off again.

When I drive my car sometimes I forget the car isn't actually off and when I go to lock the door I realize my mistake and all is well...with some minor annoyance.

When I valet my car I have found my car completely unlocked in the parking lot because the valet's don't know this since you don't have to physically turn the key because it sits in your pocket.

What is the point of a technology that I feel compulsory to turn off as soon as I get into a car?

John
Old 02-22-2018, 03:50 PM
AJRDU
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is very annoying indeed. Likely a consequence of using programming originally written for cars with push-button ignitions or required physical keys and not adapted well for the Porsche system. Having the little turn **** as advantages, but the auto start/stop software should work differently. In my F-Type, for example, if the car engine stops and then you unbuckle your seatbelt or open the drivers door, it shuts the car down to alleviate that problem. Of course it has a push button and not the 2-stage switch that the Panamera has.

Quick Reply: Disable Engine-Stop in Park?