CPO verification from porsche

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 01:57 PM
elpookie
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CPO verification from porsche

Hi Members,

I recently purchased a used 2012 panamera s hybrid from Porsche of West Broward near Fort Lauderdale, FL on December 27. Originally the car was not CPO. However, for an up charge, Porsche of West Broward made the car CPO. They even kept the car for 2 days to bring the car up to par with CPO standards. However, I have not received any documentation stating the car is CPO, warranty coverage's, the 24x7 roadside information etc.

The sales person told me this would arrive in the mail shortly after the purchase, but it has been over 30 days since the purchase and i am yet to receive proof the car is CPO.

Anyhow, if anyone is familiar with "purchasing" a CPO, please provide your feedback. I would assume the dealer wouldn't take me for a ride like this, but you never know.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:13 PM
Kaduku
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It can take awhile. Call PCNA 1-800-767-7243 to confirm things and if a welcome package has already been sent to you. Have your VIN ready.

Mine was way over do too. I had them resend another one later receive two packages.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:29 PM
TurboPan
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you haven't already done so, you may want to consider taking the car to an independent shop for a full inspection. You don't want to be in a situation where a couple of months after getting your car you discover something that needs fixing and should have been taken care of at CPO time, but wasn't (brakes, tires, or other wear items that they are supposed to do upon certification). I (and many others here) found out the hard way that often times CPO doesn't really mean anything except additional profits for the dealership. My supposedly "Certified" car was riddled with problems upon delivery, and then the selling dealership refused to cover the costs. To add further insult to injury, Porsche of North America refused to intervene. Fortunately for me I had the car inspected upon delivery by my local dealership, so all of the faults, defects, and damage by the selling dealership was fully documented.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:18 PM
inspectX
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard that if you have a good relationship with your local dealer, it's technically possible to "sell" your car to them so that they can inspect it and register the warranty with PCNA. Then they can "sell" it right back to you for what they paid plus a CPO fee.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:30 AM
Joel 67
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboPan
If you haven't already done so, you may want to consider taking the car to an independent shop for a full inspection. You don't want to be in a situation where a couple of months after getting your car you discover something that needs fixing and should have been taken care of at CPO time, but wasn't (brakes, tires, or other wear items that they are supposed to do upon certification). I (and many others here) found out the hard way that often times CPO doesn't really mean anything except additional profits for the dealership. My supposedly "Certified" car was riddled with problems upon delivery, and then the selling dealership refused to cover the costs. To add further insult to injury, Porsche of North America refused to intervene. Fortunately for me I had the car inspected upon delivery by my local dealership, so all of the faults, defects, and damage by the selling dealership was fully documented.
This is excellent advice. My car had some undisclosed collision damage (which should have precluded it from even being admitted to the CPO program). Had I known I'd have never bought it! It also needed brakes and the Adaptive Cruise Control didn't work at the time of purchase.

At the end of the day, for some dealers, just because they sell Porsche doesn't change the fact that they are still used car dealers.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:41 PM
Kaduku
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joel 67
At the end of the day, for some dealers, just because they sell Porsche doesn't change the fact that they are still used car dealers.
So true, as I realized after buying a used 991 last year. Sold that and was a smarter buyer when I bought my CGTS with a different dealer.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:05 AM
Joel 67
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Why was this thread moved to the Panamera forum? It was a general question and not model specific. YOu're doing us all a disservice by moving these because someone else will come and ask the question again.

Quick Reply: CPO verification from porsche