Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Black rear Porsche emblem 971

Black trim piece and letters from Suncoast hearts
Old 01-22-2018, 04:22 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very interesting - have been tempted and think it looks very slick. All the changes make yours stand out from the crowd.

The wife is not convinced though.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:44 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 561 Posts

This is EXACTLY what I want to do with the P O R S C H E emblem. We had the rest of it debadged. The silver P O R S C H E letters stand out too much (for my taste) on our Volcano car. It's the only bright, shiny part of the car.
How did you achieve the black? Did you buy them from Suncoast (or elsewhere)? Or is this paint? Plastidip?

Looks great. Thanks for sharing.

EDIT - just saw your other thread. Sounds like you ordered black letters and applied them yourself. How difficult was it to remove the silver and stick on the black?
Old 01-22-2018, 08:44 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

I have ordered this on my Sport Turismo as well as model deletei- its an option . Also deleted all chrome and replaces with black...
Old 01-30-2018, 03:13 AM
jtorrebl
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
This is EXACTLY what I want to do with the P O R S C H E emblem. We had the rest of it debadged. The silver P O R S C H E letters stand out too much (for my taste) on our Volcano car. It's the only bright, shiny part of the car.
How did you achieve the black? Did you buy them from Suncoast (or elsewhere)? Or is this paint? Plastidip?

Looks great. Thanks for sharing.

EDIT - just saw your other thread. Sounds like you ordered black letters and applied them yourself. How difficult was it to remove the silver and stick on the black?
I removed the black plastic plate to be able to get the whole panel off and work it easier. Used floss then goo gone. Only negative is the tiny scratches on the plastic from rubbing the sticky stuff offf completely. I ordered a black plate to avoid having to do this but it came with the chrome letters on it already.

Last edited by jtorrebl; 01-30-2018 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:18 AM
crack3rd
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jtorrebl

I removed the black plastic plate to be able to get the whole panel off and work it easier. Used fosa then goo gone. Only negative is the tiny scratches on the plastic from rubbing the sticky stuff offf completely. I ordered a black plate to avoid having to do this but it came with the chrome letters on it already.
Are your windows tinted? If so, can you please pm me the place that you tint the windows? Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Black rear Porsche emblem 971