Panamera 2010-Current

Went to buy a Turismo Turbo - Bought a Turismo 4S

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 09:33 PM
Flowing
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to buy a Turismo Turbo - Bought a Turismo 4S

Last week I decided to purchase a ST-Tubro and since I've never driven a Panamera I went to the dealer to test drive the standard Panamera Turbo as all the Turismo reviews say they drive nearly identical to the standard Panamera. I decided to first drive a 4S and then the Turbo; I wanted to get a feel for just how much more power the Turbo had. On the first test drive I was delighted with the power and handling of the 4S and was eagerly anticipating just how much better the Turbo would be.

The Turbo's power was indeed clearly a level (or two) above the 4S, it was amazing. However, for me the ride of the Turbo was a bit rougher (21" wheels vs 20" on the 4S) but it wasn't just the tire size. I found the 4S to be a more relaxed drive at low and medium speeds, it seemed to handle typical driving in a more refined and enjoyable way. For me, this made the 4S an easy choice over the Turbo, I guess the kind of driver I am I didn't need the extra power of the Turbo. The price was not an issue, although I am happy to save on the 4S, I would pick it over the Turbo even if they were the same price.

I'm sure my decision is purely personal based on my preferences and completely understand that others would never give up the power of the Turbo for the 4S, but it sure did surprise me because I was set on the Turbo.

As they say, your mileage may vary.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:46 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Everyone has a personal "how much acceleration is enough" level.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:52 PM
gtr
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

I order a base Turismo with 20" for the soft ride since this will be my baby hauler. I didn't go 19" due to tire selection and with 20" the Michelin A/S was the top choice for me. The only thing I hate about the panny is that no spare nor all seasons. The Turismo is easily a family car and I'm surprise Porsche never consider babies in the car where a spare or RFT will be needed.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:09 PM
Jty421
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats please post pics!

Originally Posted by Flowing
Last week I decided to purchase a ST-Tubro and since I've never driven a Panamera I went to the dealer to test drive the standard Panamera Turbo as all the Turismo reviews say they drive nearly identical to the standard Panamera. I decided to first drive a 4S and then the Turbo; I wanted to get a feel for just how much more power the Turbo had. On the first test drive I was delighted with the power and handling of the 4S and was eagerly anticipating just how much better the Turbo would be.

The Turbo's power was indeed clearly a level (or two) above the 4S, it was amazing. However, for me the ride of the Turbo was a bit rougher (21" wheels vs 20" on the 4S) but it wasn't just the tire size. I found the 4S to be a more relaxed drive at low and medium speeds, it seemed to handle typical driving in a more refined and enjoyable way. For me, this made the 4S an easy choice over the Turbo, I guess the kind of driver I am I didn't need the extra power of the Turbo. The price was not an issue, although I am happy to save on the 4S, I would pick it over the Turbo even if they were the same price.

I'm sure my decision is purely personal based on my preferences and completely understand that others would never give up the power of the Turbo for the 4S, but it sure did surprise me because I was set on the Turbo.

As they say, your mileage may vary.

Quick Reply: Went to buy a Turismo Turbo - Bought a Turismo 4S