Panamera 2010-Current

First Porsche - Delivery time and discount on Sport Turismo Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 03:03 PM
Flowing
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Porsche - Delivery time and discount on Sport Turismo Turbo

I'm going to factory order a Panamera Sport Turismo Turbo in the next week or so and have a few questions.

Approximately how long will the wait be from time of order to time of delivery?

What % discount can I expect, I am located in the Philadlephia region?

Is there anything special I should know about placing a factory order?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:55 PM
TAG ceo
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to make sure your dealer has an actual allocation for the car. Many of the dealers will take your order even though they don't have an allocation and just request one from the factory. I ordered mine in April of last year and it was originally supposed to be delivered in October - that has changed multiple times and now were into January. I do believe some of the issues are related to EPA certification on what they are classifying as a new model. Discounts vary - I was able to get 5% off mine, one local dealer said 0% and I've read others about others getting more. If you're not in a hurry shop around with as many dealers as possible to try to get the best price. Best of Luck - Enjoy It
Old 11-22-2017, 08:26 PM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I ordered my Turbo Sport Turismo last summer. At this moment it's sitting on a boat in port in San Juan, Puerto Rico. It's due in San Diego on 12/2 IIRC, but dealer's estimated delivery date is in early February. Apparently EPA and the California Air Resources Board view it as a "new model" even though it's just a slightly different body on a car that's already on sale here. Whatever, but PCNA and my dealer think it could sit on the dock for close to 2 months before it gets to the dealer. Needless to say, I'm hoping it's quicker.

The last time I checked, a few weeks ago, my car was still the only allocation my dealer had received for a Turbo ST. I'm a very good customer, who got the allocation only after the original customer (an even better customer!) decided to wait for a Turbo S E-Hybrid instead. I don't think Porsche expects to sell very many of this model, and the allocations still seem to be very sparse. Don't know what the situation is in your area, but previous poster is absolutely correct. You can "order" the car from your dealer, but until they have an allocation they can't order it from Porsche. Once you're past all of that stuff and assuming no other issues, from the placement of the order with Porsche it's usually about 6 weeks until car is built, and then it has to be shipped and delivered. I'd ballpark about 3 months for that process, once the car is in full production and fully US certified. That's if you order a relatively "standard" model. I was told that paint to sample or contrasting stitching in the interior would add 6 months to my delay, so I decided I could live without either. But really, 6 months? It seems pretty apparent that they don't actually want to sell those options, which cost a fortune when and if you can even get them. (See countless PTS threads on 911 and GT3 forums.)

I can't tell you about price, since I haven't talked numbers with my dealer. In 2015 at the height of the inflated market they sold me a GT3 below MSRP, so I know they'll treat me well. (10 cars in 10 years from the same dealer can have that effect.)

I'm going to the VIP night at the LA Auto Show next week and expect Porsche will have a Sport Turismo on display. I've only seen it once, at the Porsche Experience Center last summer. Can't wait to see it and climb in.

Good luck!

DMoore
'15 GT3
'16 RS 7, leaving soon for a ...
'18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo, hopefully soon...
Old 11-23-2017, 05:34 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 494 Posts

Go to a couple of dealers and shop around. Make sure they actually have an allocation as many sell cars that they actually don’t have a specific allocation for and then you get a “story” why there is a delay. The exact price is agreed when you place your order. In return you are expected to post a modest refundable deposit.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:43 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

as a dealer, we had to trade allocations in order to get the Sport Turismo's

I personally love the car but for some reason PCNA didn't think there would be good demand on them...wrong! We have had a ton of inquiries on our slots and have presold them both so far.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:24 PM
DMoore
Pro

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
as a dealer, we had to trade allocations in order to get the Sport Turismo's

I personally love the car but for some reason PCNA didn't think there would be good demand on them...wrong! We have had a ton of inquiries on our slots and have presold them both so far.
Do you mean I might be able to flip mine?

JK. Joking. Not serious! But after all the silliness with GT3's over the last few years...

DMoore
'15 GT3
'18 Panamera ST soon... I hope... Arriving at Panama Canal tomorrow...
Old 11-26-2017, 02:22 PM
TAG ceo
Advanced

If I could turn mine (which should be available as soon as the EPA approves them) I would definitely do it - so if there is someone out there itching to get one who just can't wait and is willing to pay a premium please feel free to PM me. Mine is a Turbo - Agate Grey over black pretty heavily loaded ($208,000 MSRP)
Old 11-28-2017, 11:09 PM
Steven_H
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

I too have a ST Turbo on order. Car is at the port in Rhode Island waiting release from EPA. VERY frustrating dealing with PCNA. They have not been forthcoming about delays and by the time it is delivered, it will be more than 6 months into model year. I have many Porsches and find Porsche's attitude arrogant, and their treatment of long term owners appalling.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:26 AM
usmc
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I custom ordered a 18 Panamera Turbo around June, It has been built, made it to port, and now exiting port as of today. I was able to get a 8% Discount out of state, possibly could have made it up to 10% if I pushed for it. Don't settle for in state dealership, I'm going to fly out to pick up my car and make it a little two day trip although its only 400 miles or so from there to home. When calling and emailing dealerships in my DMV area I had some literally laugh at me for looking for a discount and the highest I was offered was 4% "POSSIBLY" from a dealership who kept trying to persuade me to come in and test drive a 4s instead.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:42 AM
DMoore
Pro

Originally Posted by Steven_H
I too have a ST Turbo on order. Car is at the port in Rhode Island waiting release from EPA. VERY frustrating dealing with PCNA. They have not been forthcoming about delays and by the time it is delivered, it will be more than 6 months into model year. I have many Porsches and find Porsche's attitude arrogant, and their treatment of long term owners appalling.
Folks I spoke to this evening at the LA Auto Show Porsche event seem to think the ST's will sit on the docks for 6-8 weeks in California before release. Of course, the cars here have to deal with the California Air Resources Board (CARB) in addition to the EPA, so I don't know how much of that delay to attribute to each agency. As far as I'm concerned 10 minutes is too long... My ship docks Monday in San Diego. ETA at dealer is early February. AARGH.

DMoore
'15 GT3
'16 RS7
'18 PTST... coming...
Old 11-30-2017, 07:51 AM
Steven_H
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

This timetable conforms to what I have been told. I agree with you about how unacceptable the delay is. It is clearly Porsche's fault - or at least the fault of VW Group's past bad acts regarding EPA. It is certainly not the customers' responsibility. My frustration is PCNA's cavalier attitude toward their customers - many of us long term, multiple Porsche owners and enthusiasts. Like you, I discovered that there would be a significant delay only when I spoke to a Porsche factory rep - in my case, last August at Penble Beach. Until then, I had been told I would have my car in early October and when I told my dealership what I had learned, they had to contact PCNA to verify. Although they are unable to confirm it, my salesman (who is GREAT) now believes my car will not be released before February, which means it will have been sitting on a dock on the North Atlantic for at least three months. I receive virtually no updates, no apologies, no offers of accommodation from PCNA. By Porsche's own depreciation schedule (retained value after three years on a lease), the Panamera ST Turbo loses about $3,000./ month to depreciation. AND, the longer the delay, the lower the retained value and the higher the payments. Someone at Porsche needs to do a bit of damage control. A $200k station wagon is no bargain - it is hugely more expensive than the new E63 wagon that has beaten it in every European comparison test. Wake up PCNA!
Old 11-30-2017, 10:06 AM
TAG ceo
Advanced

Yet we're all the dummies for continuing to buy their cars and put money in their pockets. If people starting walking away due to the service maybe they would feel the need to do something, but since they/we don't take our business elsewhere it doesn't affect their pocket books at all.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:36 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Right now, all of their customer service muscle is dedicated to kissing the ***** of Cayenne Diesel owners... bring it in, get your emissions repair done, get a complete detail job inside and out, a full tank of gas, extended warranty, a check and a thousand smiles. When the first batch of 991 GT3s were reported to self-combust without warning, a similar "mea culpa" ensued as I recall, with owners never getting their rides back and being offered next model year replacements. The delay in the delivery of STs and e-Hybrid models are not up there YET, but if it rises to that level of cluster-eff, I'm guessing PCNA will be forced to mobilize.

As somebody who currently owns a Cayenne Diesel and had a major screwup with an Euro Delivery 991 being shipped back to me (sat in the parking lot at the mothership for a month before anybody noticed), I've seen the good with the bad. As I also wrote a deposit check for a Sport Turismo e-Hybrid for spring build/early-summer delivery... well, I guess we'll just have to see.

Quick Reply: First Porsche - Delivery time and discount on Sport Turismo Turbo