Panamera 2010-Current

PPF on Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 08:22 PM
crack3rd
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PPF on Headlights

Hi guys, I just got my 2018 Panamera 4s and I am getting it wrap with ppf. The installer told me not to put ppf on the headlights as it may delaminate. What do you guys think about it?
Old 09-27-2017, 02:53 AM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by crack3rd
Hi guys, I just got my 2018 Panamera 4s and I am getting it wrap with ppf. The installer told me not to put ppf on the headlights as it may delaminate. What do you guys think about it?
I had the headlights on my GT3 wrapped (some dusty tracks in SoCal) before anyone started talking about this problem. I've never taken mine off, so I don't know if the problem is real. I've just decided to leave mine on - so it really isn't a problem at all.

DMoore
'15 GT3
'17 RS7
'18 Panny Turbo Sport Turismo on order
Old 09-28-2017, 10:13 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 708 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by crack3rd
We install them on EVERY application. We have also removed them and have had no delamination issues. When the time comes to remove them, simply have the installer use a steamer and remove it very gently.

should you have the uv coating delaminate, you simply sand the headlight, polish back to original luster, then re-apply the PPF.

Hope this helps
Old 09-28-2017, 05:40 PM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
We install them on EVERY application. We have also removed them and have had no delamination issues. When the time comes to remove them, simply have the installer use a steamer and remove it very gently.

should you have the uv coating delaminate, you simply sand the headlight, polish back to original luster, then re-apply the PPF.

Hope this helps
Good to know. If I ever have to redo the lights on my GT3 I know where I'll take it.

DMoore
'15 GT3
'16 RS7
'18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo on order

Quick Reply: PPF on Headlights