Completed Detail on new pana 4s

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 09:04 PM
David Patel
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Completed Detail on new pana 4s

Hi guys
so last two months been mega busy and only managed to do 1700 miles; just can't find time to go push the pedal and take pleasure in driving what is my dream car.

I havent even customised the settings or learnt about the pcm BUT I took my brothers recommendation on doing the detail and oh my god - It's amazing.

went for a whole load of technical kamakazi stuff; I just no it makes me want to just look at it!

Have a look. Daryl has done an amazing job and at a bloody good price.

http://www.offsetdetailing.com/portfolio/brand-new-porsche-panamera-4s/

suppose I got to do my own cleaning now though!😜

Last edited by David Patel; 07-25-2017 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Url
Old 07-26-2017, 03:04 AM
hymo1200
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks amazing, David!

Congrats end enjoy!

Also planning detailing on mine, curious how long it lasts in reality ;-)
Old 07-26-2017, 04:25 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wowzer, looking good!

Did they say whether there was any existing coating before they applied the new stuff? Mine is crazy shiny with a normal wash (see pic) so I don't want to spend money on something new if they come with something already. One to ask the dealer I guess.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:00 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

On that subject, I have noticed that my wheels (21" 911 Turbo design) are really easy to clean and much better than I expected. I wondered whether Porsche have treated the wheels with something.

I had my Macan detailed with Gtechniq for about £700. Haven't had the Panamera done yet. Is £700 or so worth it, just to make the car a little easier to clean? This is what I am asking myself.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:52 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Beautiful detail! Is your car rhodium silver or gt silver metallic? Maybe you could update us some picks after you wash, see how well it beads.

Always wondered about getting this done or not to my 911.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:14 PM
daryloffset
5th Gear

Hello, my name is Daryl who carried out the detail on David's Panamera 4S. The ISM Pro is quoted to last 24-36 months with correct after care. Using the Overcoat top up detailer is recommend for continued beading and protection which can be used on glass, paintwork, trim, wheels - just about everything exterior.

Here's a 2015 Vantage I detailed a few months back which was back in for a replacement piece of paint protection film (ppf). Coated in ISM Pro during the wash process which gives you an idea of the water behavior and protection against the elements. ISM Pro a certified only coating too.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:52 PM
and7
Intermediate

Hi Daryl

Great job on David's car! And the one above. We spoke this morning.

As you are a long way from me I spoke to someone more local who is accredited for both G and K and was told that Gtechniq is the better choice than Kamikaze for Porsche cars because of their paint finish.

So I don't know which way to go. Any words of wisdom?

Many thanks.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:10 PM
daryloffset
5th Gear

That's a first on me with a specific brand coating being better on a certain type of paintwork, it's the quality of the finish that ANY coating bonds with.

I've done plenty of different marques with Kamikaze on all different types of paints and never had a problem. Frankly the marque of cars paintwork and coatings bonding to it is ridiculous.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:05 PM
and7
Intermediate

Thanks Daryl. Let's speak tomorrow. Have a good evening.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:32 PM
daryloffset
5th Gear

no problem
Old 07-30-2017, 03:26 PM
NorthernMonkey
Advanced

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
On that subject, I have noticed that my wheels (21" 911 Turbo design) are really easy to clean and much better than I expected. I wondered whether Porsche have treated the wheels with something.

I had my Macan detailed with Gtechniq for about £700. Haven't had the Panamera done yet. Is £700 or so worth it, just to make the car a little easier to clean? This is what I am asking myself.
i had mine coated with the Gtechniq CS Black along with a full front end PPF kit.

have to say for a BIG car its a doddle to clean mostly due to the Gtechniq coating. needs minimal effort, drying towel down and it comes back up looking like it did when it rolled out of the detailers. any contaminants that you see before washing (tree sap etc) come off with basically no pressure at all on wash mitt.

so far so good very happy that i had it done.

the only "niggle" was the windscreen was coated with the Gtechniq product that basically bonds with the glass to give you that hydrophobic coating. works well and rain water basically flys off the screen to the point you hardly need to use the wipers. for first two weeks if it rained the wipers "dragged" a bit on the coating but it settles down fairly quickly and now they are smooth again.

Quick Reply: Completed Detail on new pana 4s