Notices

McLaren P1 Nurburgring Video

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think McClaren ever list their times on the ring. Just look at official time listings on the Internet.

For instance on the Wiki page there is no McClaren F1, MP4-12C, P1 listed. I'm certain there is a reason they don't list the times. Good point in that they don't need to list their times. They have the Engineers and the Hot Shoes to do a sub 7 minute lap with the P1 if indeed it is capable. They're just humble and don't feel the need to share their times. That's the way I see it.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:30 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

Once again, moderators, please explain why this thread hasn't been moved. Thanks.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:34 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
They're just humble and don't feel the need to share their times. That's the way I see it.
That is SO NOT McLaren International like.

McLaren International DNA is to compete,win, be supreme over all its competitors. Humble McLaren? no way imo.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of my points are McClaren doesn't need to post their times. They just let their product speak for itself once its released.

Personally I can't wait for the P1 to go heads up against La Ferrari. I don't care too much about the 918, we've seen what it can do around the ring and it is one serious car. Is it worth how much Porsche is still charging for it; time will only tell. Remember they're still less 918s than F40s. Hell, there are less 959s than F40s still - but still the F40 remains over-priced. Its just Ferrari is vaulted upon a higher pedestal and those who value them have generally have more money than brains.

And that comes from someone is mulling an Ferrari FF purchase since they now have a 7 year service plan. And I do mean to put miles on the car.

Does anyone know of a few stand-up Start-Up financiers in Palo Alto?

Last edited by Tacet-Conundrum; 12-10-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Allan A
Rumor is 6:36
And I can flap my arms and hover... I'm guessing it's more like 6:58 or they would have announced it.

Quick Reply: McLaren P1 Nurburgring Video