Notices

OT: Anyone own a WRX?......

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 06:06 PM
ubercooper
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have said the new Mustang GT (very quick, great brakes) but it'll be a handful when it snows... WRX is definitely your best bet for a cheaper awd car
Old 07-31-2012, 05:02 PM
CaioLLV
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can find some STi's for aout the same money
Old 08-02-2012, 08:47 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CaioLLV
You can find some STi's for aout the same money
Where?
Old 08-03-2012, 04:31 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 121 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
As far as rear wheel drive, is there anything new out there in the price range of the WRX that can be tracked easily and also used as a DD year around in New England?.......
Subaru BRZ/Scion FRS. Just bought one myself. I have owned 16 Subarus, including WRXs and STis. Tracked all the "performance" ones, just not my Outbacks and Legacy wagons.

I absolutely love the BRZ. Now that I have finished the break in miles I can't wait to get it on track. And just like my old 924S, I have every intention of tossing some snow tires on it and driving it through the winter. With traction control and a good rear differential there should be no issue other than ground clearance during the worst of worst storms. And in that instance I'll leave it home.

The thing about tracking a WRX is that it is a slow in fast out car. Come in too fast or get on the throttle too early and it pushes like a pig. It requires driver finesse to go fast on the track.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:39 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
Subaru BRZ/Scion FRS. Just bought one myself. I have owned 16 Subarus, including WRXs and STis. Tracked all the "performance" ones, just not my Outbacks and Legacy wagons.

I absolutely love the BRZ. Now that I have finished the break in miles I can't wait to get it on track. And just like my old 924S, I have every intention of tossing some snow tires on it and driving it through the winter. With traction control and a good rear differential there should be no issue other than ground clearance during the worst of worst storms. And in that instance I'll leave it home.

The thing about tracking a WRX is that it is a slow in fast out car. Come in too fast or get on the throttle too early and it pushes like a pig. It requires driver finesse to go fast on the track.
Thanks for your input, greatly appreciated.....
Old 08-05-2012, 06:26 PM
CaioLLV
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Where?
2007 WRX 67k miles $20,593

2007 WRX STi 63k miles $21,000

Quick Reply: OT: Anyone own a WRX?......