Notices

Advice Needed for BMW M5 purchase

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 09:42 AM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NinetyOneC2
Try and find one of the incredibly rare and north-america-only 6-speed manuals instead of the DSG.
The manual transmission on the E60 M5 is a joke.

BMW did it because of the (very justified) bitching that the previous M5 experience (esp E39) was totally lost.

They just put a 545i transmission in there. Totally wrong unit for the car but they didn't feel like spending the money building a proper one.

I am currently driving the real successor of the E39 M5. The E90 M3 sedan. Amazing daily driver. And it doesn't have a set of front lights that look like a prostitute in war paint like the E60.

Originally Posted by jasonintoronto
have you cross-shopped a new 550i? i know there's nothing like a shrieking v10, however a twin-turbo v8 is super flexible and i love the look of the new 5/
Don't even try to put these cars in the same sentence. My dad got a 550i just a month ago. It's a boat. A very fast accelerating boat but still a boat. Just too big to really enjoy driving. It's like the older 7 series.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:53 AM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by peritus
Guys, will I be allowed at the GTG on Sat in a Bimmer... will you guys still talk to me? LOL
You can park (at the back) but I cannot guarantee that anyone will talk to you
Just kidding, you will be most welcome. And you can do burnouts & donuts for our entertainment
Old 07-13-2011, 11:00 PM
MidnightCayman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

6 speed.

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...dIdZ296571967#

Quick Reply: Advice Needed for BMW M5 purchase