Notices

Pagani Huayra : God of wind

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 05:06 PM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the car. Cockpit looks so unique. US$1.1M! And you guys think the GT2RS is expensive!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:09 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Real art - real car. I want one !

Tell me again please cause I can't remember; what is the name of the coming Porsche supercar? Hybrid.. something?
just a hypotetical curiosity of mine - in case of a roll-over (with mandatory a-la ferrari fire) on a track how is one supposed to get out from such car?
Old 02-22-2011, 05:48 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And btw this is the first time a Pagani will be sold in the US, if I am not mistaken.
Wyclef Jean has one or two in the USA... not sure how he got them here... but they are here...
Old 02-22-2011, 10:47 PM
gray911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$1.5 mil Bugatti = No, $1.1 mil Pagani = Yes!
Old 02-23-2011, 12:35 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

some ppl shouldn't be allowed to design cars or anything really.....
Old 02-23-2011, 08:14 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
some ppl shouldn't be allowed to design cars or anything really.....

Did I miss a Chris Bangle related post above?
Or knock on wood a Michael Mauer one?
Old 02-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by triode
Very "Jules Verne" interior...
I think I could live with that cabin -- they've taken some ideas from Spyker and yet come up with something serious. I think the Spyker is a hodgepodge of bad ideass to be deliberately kooky, but Pagani seems to have taken the Zonda R and said "let's make this worthy of the rest of the car and the price tag."

Pagani impresses me on two fronts: somehow, they're still in business! and second, they're purposeful about the driving of the car -- I don't see any compromises in the final product and I don't hear any excuses from the manufacturer. They're literally saying "we can build anything we can dream of, so we dream, and then we fashion our dreams into a car which is fastest and lightest." The whole company behaves like purist innovators -- not competing to be a bit better than some perceived competitor -- pursuing their own vision and delivering a real creation.

I think Porsche, Ferrari and McLaren can learn from Pagani.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:46 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

True Rollingart.

Love it!

Want it!

Phil
Old 02-26-2011, 03:20 PM
RAPID
Racer

I saw the Zonda really close and thought it was incredible. Now this is even more striking. I don't know if I should look at it as a supercar or as an artistic creation...
Old 02-26-2011, 04:17 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I think I could live with that cabin -- they've taken some ideas from Spyker and yet come up with something serious. I think the Spyker is a hodgepodge of bad ideass to be deliberately kooky, but Pagani seems to have taken the Zonda R and said "let's make this worthy of the rest of the car and the price tag."

Pagani impresses me on two fronts: somehow, they're still in business! and second, they're purposeful about the driving of the car -- I don't see any compromises in the final product and I don't hear any excuses from the manufacturer. They're literally saying "we can build anything we can dream of, so we dream, and then we fashion our dreams into a car which is fastest and lightest." The whole company behaves like purist innovators -- not competing to be a bit better than some perceived competitor -- pursuing their own vision and delivering a real creation.

I think Porsche, Ferrari and McLaren can learn from Pagani.
purist innovator..

This is exactly why I like Horacio and his cars *and other various creations.

It's one of the times that the phrase "I don't like any of the cars so I will build my own" delivered something complete with the evolution of the Zonda.

He is obsessed with weight as he believes it destroys handling and how the car feels, and he is generally obsessed with "functional styling". (for example just look at the rear independent flaps! )

He had the advantage to plan for a long time the Zonda and now this, and his experience with composite materials and carbon from the early 80's, also played an important role.

If you ask how he stays in business. I don't know the details; but I know that he works for other manufactures and most importantly that the cars are priced right and leave a profit despite the low number of production.
Attached Images          
Old 02-26-2011, 05:02 PM
svp928
Rennlist Member

Phew! THAT is an incredible bit of work---Thank You 911slow, for posting this!

Steve
Old 02-26-2011, 05:20 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all I can say is WOW!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

purist innovator..

This is exactly why I am fascinated by Horacio and his cars *and other various creations.

It's one of the times that the phrase "I don't like any of the cars so I will build my own" delivered something complete with the evolution of the Zonda.

He is obsessed with weight as he believes it destroys handling and how the car feels, and he is generally obsessed with "functional styling". (for example just look at the rear independent flaps! )

He had the advantage to plan for a long time the Zonda and now this, and his experience with composite materials and carbon from the early 80's, also played an important role.

If you ask how he stays in business. I don't know the details; but I know that he works for other manufactures and most importantly that the cars are priced right and leave a profit despite the low number of production.
One clue as to how he keeps going -- each time he finished production of the Zonda, customers came forward and said "build another Zonda" and voted with their money.

I think the cabin is over the top, but the body is appropriately, outrageously magnificent.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:17 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 13 Posts

Pick up Evo digital on your ipad this month (or the hardcopy) for a full story on how the car is built, designed, etc. Its amazing .. first time that you can confidently say that you are getting your money's worth for $1M.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 916 Posts

He is obsessed with weight as he believes it destroys handling and how the car feels......
He is correct, as was Colin Chapman.

Quick Reply: Pagani Huayra : God of wind