Notices

2014 Viper?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 02:08 PM
CWhaley
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drove the Alfa while in the UK (visiting my client Lola) last year. Good car... But not WOW! The Ferrari motor was tamed down from its original spec's, the interior was okay, drives rather good... From the outside the CAR IS FANTASTIC... BUT, for the money... not so much... It would still put one in my garage, next to a 360 anyday and skip the Viper!
Old 09-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Benton
Drifting

That is just some dude's (*or lady's) best guess at what it will look like by taking a photo of the Alfa and doctoring it. Good call, Sean.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:29 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

I think its bitch'n
Old 09-17-2010, 03:31 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Interesting comparison with the Alfa. Good find.

The local Ferrari dealer has 2 Alfa Competizione for sale... drewling...

Originally Posted by Sean F
Old 09-19-2010, 07:42 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by M758
I don't agree.

The viper should never be a "pretty car". It can only exist as brute. Brutish performace and brutish looks. Flowing lines.. to hell with them.

If the viper looks like "nice car" why bother. Might as we buy a corvette then.

AGREE, that is NOT A VIPER!!!!!

It looks just like a Supra with a Ferrari front and Viper cowl on the hood. Poser extreme. The Viper has always been original and should stay that way, not become a knock-off Ferrari/Supra wanna-be.

What the Viper needs to survive is refinement of the interior and handling systems like TC. Every other day on Viper forums somebody just crashes while driving down the road, no other cars involved, nothing, just crash.

The current Viper is one sexy car, they should stay along those lines and put more effort into polishing it than trying to remake that other car they were talking about a while back to replace the Viper. I forget the name of the project.

That being said, I do hope the Viper lives, but not like this. They need to call it something else if they are going to do that.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

gay viper..

looks ferrari ish
Old 09-19-2010, 09:09 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Amazing that some people here would prefer to buy an ugly car for the sake of the brute HP......

I think you can have the best of both worlds.......

the new look is yes, Italian and sleek, just about anybody, with the exception of some rednecks, would appreciate its new stylish design.....
Old 09-19-2010, 10:35 PM
sig_a
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Amazing that some people here would prefer to buy an ugly car for the sake of the brute HP......

the new look is yes, Italian and sleek, just about anybody, with the exception of some rednecks, would appreciate its new stylish design.....
-------------------
Chrysler Corp will cease to exist if Italian Sergio Marchionne fails to turn it around. New Viper redesign means he's adding some life to a moribund brand. For fifty years old Chrysler was way behind GM and Ford in looks. And europeans have always built the most beautiful car in the world. My two cents.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:45 PM
944CS
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

God that thing is ugly, looks like a cross between the 458 and an old Tiburon
Old 09-19-2010, 11:13 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by BostonDMD

So anyone who doesn't like an imitation Ferrsupralfari is a redneck?

Please. It doesn't even fit with Dodge's image. There is nothing ugly about the current Viper, or any of them (except for maybe the RT-10 clownshoe). That is a sellout Euro imitation and if people want a Euro imitation for 90k they will probably buy Euro.

And lets not even begin to talk about Dodge refining the car to the faux look they would have given it. American Muscle has done just fine and the Viper would be fine if Dodge hadn't been stuck in the stone ages selling a 600 hp car with no TC, calf roasting exhaust and super bland interior.

Clothing all that in a fancy dress won't do anything for them.

This looks more like a Viper IMO.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:23 PM
CWhaley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by wanna911
So anyone who doesn't like an imitation Ferrsupralfari is a redneck?

Please. It doesn't even fit with Dodge's image. There is nothing ugly about the current Viper, or any of them (except for maybe the RT-10 clownshoe). That is a sellout Euro imitation and if people want a Euro imitation for 90k they will probably buy Euro.

And lets not even begin to talk about Dodge refining the car to the faux look they would have given it. American Muscle has done just fine and the Viper would be fine if Dodge hadn't been stuck in the stone ages selling a 600 hp car with no TC, calf roasting exhaust and super bland interior.

Clothing all that in a fancy dress won't do anything for them.

This looks more like a Viper IMO.

What everyone seems to be forgetting here is the VIPER was and is still TRUE to what Carol Selby set out to produce... A raw un-hindered animal.

He was quoted once for saying something along the lines of, IF YOU WANT POWER WINDOWS AND AC go buy a FERRARI...

The fancy interior, TC and the junk (as he would think) is not True to the Daytona Coupe he patterned the VIPER after. IMO
Old 09-19-2010, 11:51 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Dodge is smiling that the internet is all a-twitter over what their new Viper will look like.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:52 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by CWhaley
What everyone seems to be forgetting here is the VIPER was and is still TRUE to what Carol Selby set out to produce... A raw un-hindered animal.

He was quoted once for saying something along the lines of, IF YOU WANT POWER WINDOWS AND AC go buy a FERRARI...

The fancy interior, TC and the junk (as he would think) is not True to the Daytona Coupe he patterned the VIPER after. IMO
I completely agree about the interior, it doesn't belong on something titled a Viper, however if you are going to Euro mock the body, the interior would need to match or they would be laughed off the market. So to that extent, keep it Viper or call it something else. But even the Viper interior needs some sprucing up, it's the worst ever. But not Euro style though.

However, Shelby at that time was not selling a 600 hp car with safety standards out the gazoo. This is the age of lawsuits and the Viper cannot sell with the rumored 700 hp and no TC. That's just plumb stupidity. The reason the Viper died off already was the lack of refinement. I'm not saying the most advanced traction management, but at least something.

They finally put ABS on it, they can also put TC of some sort without killing the original spirit of the car.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:02 AM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The viper should never be a "pretty car". It can only exist as brute. Brutish performace and brutish looks. Flowing lines.. to hell with them.

If the viper looks like "nice car" why bother. Might as we buy a corvette then.
+1 Viper has it's own appeal that is lost in this version.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:52 AM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

That's just a photochop, and not a very good one at that (as far as actual guessing about styling), IMO.

Quick Reply: 2014 Viper?