Notices

Jeeps still problematic?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 06:59 AM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Jeeps still problematic?

The depreciation of a rock notwithstanding.

I'm in need of a new daily. The raucous and relatively quick Grand Cherokee SRT intrigues me. It needs to haul my kids, my mountain bike, and very rare light towing duty.

Looking at these used. My budget is $60-65k. I've read that Jeeps have horrid build quality and reliability. But figured an used one offered for sale may have teethed out those issues.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:15 PM
Alansglide
Pro

Received 84 Likes on 27 Posts

I've heard the other Jeep suv's are not dependable. As far as the Grand Cherokee I'm on my forth GC. Each one has gone over 150k miles without any problems with the last one going over 188k before I gave it away to a family member as an extra car(quick edit ,it's till going strong with over 198k). My current GC has only 88k but now that I'm retired it won't get the mileage the others had
As a side note this one has the 5.7 L engine and has needed nothing but regular service
Old 07-30-2018, 03:53 PM
snowmants
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am still driving my 2011 Jeep grand Cherokee Overland with the 5.7L v8 (first year of the current body style) and it just rolled over 106k miles yesterday. So far I have done only: 1. new fuel filler spout 2. Exhaust gasket on the header. 3. Replaced leaky line in air-lift suspension system. 4. Leather dash replaced under warranty after it started to bubble up and detach from the dash. Everything else has been routine such as brakes and tires. I don't think that's too bad, especially given I use it for tow duty for the track car.

Quick Reply: Jeeps still problematic?