Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Paint/Damage Question Related to Purchase of 911 Turbo S 1.2

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2023 | 12:56 AM
Krishnan1241
2nd Gear

Default Paint/Damage Question Related to Purchase of 911 Turbo S 1.2

Hi All-

I'm considering purchasing a 2019 (991.2) Turbo S. The Carfax came back clean. However, the Experian AutoCheck report lists a damage report from 2020 with the damage type "collision." However, it does not have a point of impact details. The local Porsche dealer certified it as a pre-owned vehicle and provided the CPO checklist. The checklist did call out paint thickness on the right front fender (9.520 mil), the left front fender (8.465 mil), and the hood (9.449 mil). The dealer's theory is the vehicle was most likely scratched, and the scratch was repaired and painted.

The vehicle is priced competitively but perhaps slightly low. I'm seeking advice on how concerned I should be about the information I just provided. I want to get it checked out by a 3rd party, but I am looking for a trusted referral in the San Diego area.

I appreciate any help this community can provide.

Quick Reply: Paint/Damage Question Related to Purchase of 911 Turbo S 1.2