Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

2006 911 Carrera

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2023, 06:34 PM
OHKM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 911 Carrera

Hello all, I have the chance to buy a 2006 911 Carrera with just under 30K miles and was wondering what a fair asking price should be. I have known this car for the last 12 years and have driven it numerous times but there are a few things that concern me and affect the price. First of all is the IMS issue and since it is a 997.1 I wasn't sure how to check if it has the serviceable bearing or not? The car itself is not in perfect shape, there is a large scratch in the textured paint area on the passenger rocker and numerous dings/dents from acorns. It is midnight blue with grey interior and it is the manual trans, the car is currently owned by the original owner and he didn't really keep up with the service intervals but I did have the car serviced by Rennwerke in Elmsford, NY 2 years ago. I am very new so if there are any other questions that would help paint the picture of the car please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 09-05-2023, 09:10 AM
AzFstLane
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi OHKM- welcome to the group

Interesting situation - have you looked at a bunch of cars from that age? Or have you watched four wheel trader videos on YouTube for market analysis? He posts 911 updates every couple months by model and age and backs up everything with solid data.

It sounds like you know the owner so if I were in your shoes that might sway me. If I opened an ad for this car it would make me nervous, and if the condition is the shape you describe I’d likely not be interested. Too many owners go above/beyond to take care of their 911s to select from. If there are concessions made by seller by way of low price, and if you have ample budget or skills to bring the car current on services and panel and paint care it would be a start. I’m not skilled or looking for a project so too many red flags for me.
Old 09-05-2023, 09:48 AM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,776 Likes on 1,111 Posts

Lots of red flags here.

People who don’t know what to look for in a 911 and aren’t experienced with them can quickly become inundated with high repair costs.

I would take the time to read forum posts, get to know the main issues with these cars, and make sure you understand what typical repairs can look like.

Worst-case scenarios can happen - like an engine rebuild that costs $20-$30k.

PORSCHE: Plenty Of Receipts, Sorry, Can’t Have Everything

Quick Reply: 2006 911 Carrera