Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Newbie looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2022 | 10:11 AM
germanauto
Track Day

Default Newbie looking for advice

Good morning!

What a great place and thank you for having me here!

Looking for an older porsche as an intro to the world of Porsche. I am an 80's/90's kid and the cars I remember on the road - the ones that I have nostalgia towards are 911, 944 & 924. An 80's 911 has gone far out of my league and budget for now. That leaves a 944/924. There are some nice samples to be had. So it seems to be a choice between these 944/924 or a boxster... if I'm lucky enough to find one. This car will be a summer car and will never see a track. I am a little concerned about the longevity of a 924 considering they are all cars from the 1980's. In saying that if the quality of these cars is anything like my Mercedes 300D from 1983 I would have no hesitation... would they have a similar longevity and build quality? I like to perform some work myself, engine work and like to leave big jobs and suspension to my mechanic. So which car is easiest to work on would be something to consider.

Any advice gladly taken!

Thanks

Albi

Quick Reply: Newbie looking for advice