Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Long Time Listener, First Time Caller

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2022 | 10:37 AM
kel_varnsen
3rd Gear

Default Long Time Listener, First Time Caller

I'm not super active in any forums, but I was surprised to find that I either created a Rennlist account years ago and have forgotten what email address I used for it, or I just never had one in the first place. Anyway, over the past 15 years I've spent many, many hours with several different 944s. Started out with a 1986 NA that was a total basket case. I ditched that one and moved up to a 1989 NA, followed by a 1987 with a full S2 drivetrain swap. I sold the "S2" in 2021, thinking I was out of the 944 game. Then a couple of months later, picked up a 1986 951 which I use as a daily driver around the Northern Virginia area. Other than replacing the alternator and now chasing down a boost leak, it has been a solid fun driver. I've tracked 944s, but not in the past several years. Some friends and I also have a 1983 that will hopefully return to the 24 Hours of LeMons one day; for now it provides shelter for field mice somewhere in Maryland.

Anyway, I've definitely gotten a lot of great info from Rennlist over the years, and I'd imagine that will continue.... maybe now I'll actually contribute some myself.

Assuming I'm allowed to post photos, here is one of my current ride. Thanks for having me!

Quick Reply: Long Time Listener, First Time Caller