Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys...is this still happening?
Old 03-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Absolutely. I should be there around 9AM.

Unfortunately my DD is still sporting winter tires and it's dirty, ugh.

My wife has been giving me hard time, I've spent a ton of time in the garage cleaning up, organizing and and repainting a few areas. She's comparing my new car to having a baby.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:11 AM
FlyYellowRSA
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am in... running late!
Old 03-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Great turnout today and a really nice day for a drive.

Nice to have met many of you and looking forward to the next one.

I'll try to get something posted later this week, this is going to be a regular event throughout the spring, summer and fall.

Have to remember to bring the camera next time too.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Excellent 1st cars and coffee for so early in the season. There was a nice representation of water cooled Porsches and we hope to see some air cooled cars at the next one. It was also great to see so many Rhode Islanders at C & C today, usually I'm one of the only people from RI at car events.

Jill and I enjoyed meeting everyone. Don't be afraid to bring your wives or g/fs if they want to go out for a morning drive and coffee.

You guys inspired me to do a little detailing/de-winterizing etc., so hopefully my Boxster will be ready for our next C & C. After a little time in the garage today I can't wait to get the cars on the road again.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 03-20-2011, 06:47 PM
CBejbl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Great to meet all of you today. Look forward to meeting up again soon!
Old 03-20-2011, 11:16 PM
flat12boxer
Racer

Hey everyone,

I am so glad I was able to make it today. I will say for everyone that couldn't come, this will be a great get together if we add a couple more cars every time.

Dino & Jill - so nice to see you guys again, it has been a long time since the Concours and was nice to see you guys again. I forgot the XKE pictures & I am kicking myself for it too...get your car out!

Afshin - Thanks for the brief 928 advice, I'll shoot you a PM shortly. I absolutely loved your 928 when I saw it in Newport, just wish I could have gotten another look at it. My favorite part on that car: the color matched D90s. So cool in blue. Also regarding the Kancamagus in NH - that is the really windy road, I confirmed with my dad. The bumpy one was another road I ended up on on my last trip up there. So you can work on that route, but like I said, bring the radar detector. I was in an Expedition and we never heard the thing stop beeping on the highways.

Anthony - I will drop you a line regarding AX/DE. I think I will want to do a quick overview of what the car is going to need to be acceptable. I am going to go to AX as a spectator, and will probably plan on actually doing stuff beginning next year. The Spyder is nice in black, did you keep your RSA also? I used to see that car when I lived down in Narragansett, it was superb.

Chris - Very nice to meet you. Hope to see the GT3 someday, and I hope your track days go well. As I told you I am not really a cab guy but your C2S is great looking - simple and elegant. It was great chatting with you about PDK, the targa, nuances of cars, and plenty more bits of Porsche stuff. Look forward to more of it.

Charlie - Didn't get a chance to really talk with you, definitely need to chat for a bit at the next meeting. Your 911 was nice, I am always fond of them in dark colors. Did you have an exhaust on it?

Bill - Another 944 guy! You are the first person in the last three years (other than Dino) to notice, ask about and even care that I have a Saratoga top. Made my day! You need to buy another 944. Come on, you know you want to.

I don't think I missed anybody or got a name wrong, and if I did I apologize. I will definitely make sure I can get to a lot of these, and look forward to future C&Cs, drives, whatever. It was great day for the RI Rennlisters. Hope we can continue to get some more people (RI & MA) as well.

Lastly, thanks again to all you guys for showing the 944 some love. I really mean that. Between storage and the monster drive I took it on yesterday it was really dirty. I'll have it shining next time though and the equalizer will be in! You can listen to some 80's music and how really it sounded back then on my period Blaupunkt, and then you'll ask yourself how did we ever think that it sounded good?

The 944 gets a lot of compliments from non-car people on it, but sometimes I am just in the background at a lot of the car/Porsche shows, especially when the bigger guns (either vintage or modern) come out. I really appreciate your compliments and that you guys liked the car, you made me feel very welcome.

There aren't too many 944 enthusiast guys that I know of in RI that keep them stock to enjoy/collect/show like I do with mine, so I usually fly alone. On top of that I have had some not so pleasant experiences at a one or two Porsche shows a few years ago that really made me question whether I was going to keep the car, but joining PCA and staying on RL has been awesome. It was really great to meet up with Porsche people that I have some common ground with, and a few more that appreciate all things Porsche.

All the best,

Mike
Old 03-21-2011, 07:06 AM
Modavi
AutoX

Yes it was a great get together, I enjoyed meeting everyone. I am looking forward to more of these.

Mike, you asked about the exhaust on my car -- I have FisterD sport mufflers on it. No power gain, but they sound terrific. Darin Fister out in CA welds in a bypass pipe to give the same effect as the Porsche Sport Exhaust (PSE) except that it is always "on", not controllable with a flap that can be opened and closed.

As I mentioned yesterday, my car is for sale, so if anyone knows someone looking for an exceptionally clean low miles 2004 Carrera please send them my way...

Charlie
Old 03-22-2011, 09:10 AM
boston951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dino944
Hi Boston 951,

I love 944 Turbos and I hope to see yours at a future gathering. The 951s were one of my dream cars back in high school.

Unfortunately, Walpole is kind of a trek for some of us in RI/Southern MA. So I doubt it would work for me other than on rare occasions.

However, I hope to meet up with you at a future meet.
Best regards,
Dino
Hi Dino,

Sounds like I missed a good gathering. Looking forward to hooking up with this event in the future when I have the time.

Taunton is a long trek from my home base, so I totally understand. If possible, the Walpole event will take place on Saturdays. Then, Sunday will be open for the Taunton C&C.

All the Best,
boston951
Old 03-22-2011, 10:29 AM
pjstevens77
Instructor

Originally Posted by ninefourfour89
Hey everyone,

I am so glad I was able to make it today. I will say for everyone that couldn't come, this will be a great get together if we add a couple more cars every time.

Lastly, thanks again to all you guys for showing the 944 some love. I really mean that. Between storage and the monster drive I took it on yesterday it was really dirty. I'll have it shining next time though and the equalizer will be in! You can listen to some 80's music and how really it sounded back then on my period Blaupunkt, and then you'll ask yourself how did we ever think that it sounded good?

The 944 gets a lot of compliments from non-car people on it, but sometimes I am just in the background at a lot of the car/Porsche shows, especially when the bigger guns (either vintage or modern) come out. I really appreciate your compliments and that you guys liked the car, you made me feel very welcome.

There aren't too many 944 enthusiast guys that I know of in RI that keep them stock to enjoy/collect/show like I do with mine, so I usually fly alone. On top of that I have had some not so pleasant experiences at a one or two Porsche shows a few years ago that really made me question whether I was going to keep the car, but joining PCA and staying on RL has been awesome. It was really great to meet up with Porsche people that I have some common ground with, and a few more that appreciate all things Porsche.

All the best,

Mike
Mike, I am sorry I missed this! I was out of town and you and I would probably have a lot to talk about since I drive a stocker as well! Looking forward to meeting some locals. Most of my 944 contacts are in Western Ma, CT or NH. Keep me posted in the next one!

Here's my baby right here

Last edited by pjstevens77; 03-22-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by boston951
Hi Dino,

Sounds like I missed a good gathering. Looking forward to hooking up with this event in the future when I have the time.

Taunton is a long trek from my home base, so I totally understand. If possible, the Walpole event will take place on Saturdays. Then, Sunday will be open for the Taunton C&C.

All the Best,
boston951
Hi Boston951,

It was a fun event with a great group of people and some very cool cars. We weren't able to get emails out to everyone that expressed an interest in the event, so we are hoping that as the word gets out more people will come to enjoy the cars, car chat, and beautiful weather (provided the snow is really gone for the season).

I'm sure there are enough P car owners in each area so that people can enjoy which ever location works best for them (or both locations if they are so inclined). Hope to catch up with you at some point.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 03-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

It's refreshing to see so much interest and I hope this year will generate regular turnouts for all cars and coffee events! Seriously, the sole purpose of these events is to get out and enjoy the cars and meet with like minded people. Farther distances just require better planning and monitoring your time to make sure it doesn't cut into the rest of your day.

Personally I intend to map out different ways to get to Taunton and Walpole so I can enjoy my car more and meet with others to talk cars.

I'm hoping that we can also get this opened up to other makes/models like Ferrari, BMW, Audi and Mercedes. For those of you that have friends who own different makes please don't be shy about asking them to join us at these events, the more the merrier.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:48 AM
boston951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
It's refreshing to see so much interest and I hope this year will generate regular turnouts for all cars and coffee events! Seriously, the sole purpose of these events is to get out and enjoy the cars and meet with like minded people. Farther distances just require better planning and monitoring your time to make sure it doesn't cut into the rest of your day.

Personally I intend to map out different ways to get to Taunton and Walpole so I can enjoy my car more and meet with others to talk cars.

I'm hoping that we can also get this opened up to other makes/models like Ferrari, BMW, Audi and Mercedes. For those of you that have friends who own different makes please don't be shy about asking them to join us at these events, the more the merrier.
Absolutely agree Marine Blue. The larger the gathering the better. More highway driving is always considered positive. We actually used to get some Ferraris when the Southborough C&C was an active event.

Any and all foreign sports car enthusiasts are welcome. Hoping to get the Walpole C&C rocking in a complementary manner to the Taunton GTG. Then, we will have a couple of fun options for the weekend
Old 03-31-2011, 01:26 AM
porsche 928 RI
Instructor

im going to try and make it this Sunday ( snow permitting) although there is a rather embarrassing exhaust leek and brake " screech" i have to sort out on my 86.5
Old 04-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Roads were being salted last night in some areas and I'm not sure the salt will be washed away for Sunday. I might be able to make it but only in my DD until spring finally arrives!

Quick Reply: Saturday Gathering?