Notices

Any owners of 993 CT/MA/RI etc

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 11:03 PM
Jezek
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Any owners of 993 CT/MA/RI etc

Please be gentle as this is my first post here.

Long time browser but finally signed up as my interest in the 993 has increased. I have stumbled upon an opportunity to own one - unfortunately it is nowhere near me and I have never driven one let alone sit in one.

A quick search shows the closest dealer to me with a 993 / manual gearbox to be about 3-4 hours away. I was hoping I could find someone closer to talk with about ownership, be a bit hands on with the car, even a nice ride and possible drive myself to see if it’s really the car for me. We can even trade cars for a stretch if you like! ( AMG GT )

I’m more than willing to drive to a location of your choice, grab you some lunch or something for your time, cash for gas, a 6 pack of your favorite ipa…whatever you like! lol

Since I am new I have a feeling I will not be able to receive DM’s. I’ll go out on a limb and include my phone number in case you should feel inclined to reach out. Please feel free to text any time you’d like!

Thank you very much in advance,
Michael

860-seven12-one415
Old 10-11-2021, 09:36 AM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

You might have a hard time finding someone to toss you the keys since you are a brand-new member here. I would suggest the same advice I posted in another thread, but add the CVR to your list of PCA groups/events to target: https://rennlist.com/forums/new-engl...est-drive.html

Good luck
Old 10-11-2021, 10:33 AM
Jezek
Intermediate

Originally Posted by The Fat Kid
You might have a hard time finding someone to toss you the keys since you are a brand-new member here. I would suggest the same advice I posted in another thread, but add the CVR to your list of PCA groups/events to target: https://rennlist.com/forums/new-engl...est-drive.html

Good luck
Completely understandable. This is sort of my last ditch effort aside from just flying out there to see the car myself. As mentioned, I don’t even necessarily expect to be able to drive it (although that would be nice haha)!

I greatly appreciate the suggestion and will certainly look into it.
Old 10-11-2021, 12:36 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Jezek
Completely understandable. This is sort of my last ditch effort aside from just flying out there to see the car myself. As mentioned, I don’t even necessarily expect to be able to drive it (although that would be nice haha)!

I greatly appreciate the suggestion and will certainly look into it.
Make a fun day trip out of it if you can get some seat time. Hell, the AMG GT seems designed for highway runs

I have driven 3.5 hours, done a track day in a cold nor’easter (LRP was NOT fun), and then driven 3.5 hours back home after the track day, so no excuses on not going to test drive the 993

I was curious to see how rare 993s had become, so I plugged Thompson, CT (central-ish for CT, MA, and RI) in Cargurus; looks like you should have a few, closer options based on your wants: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...edEntity=c3405

Last edited by The Fat Kid; 10-11-2021 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Remembered I had picture of my cold, wet day at LRP
Old 10-11-2021, 01:07 PM
Jezek
Intermediate

Originally Posted by The Fat Kid
Make a fun day trip out of it if you can get some seat time. Hell, the AMG GT seems designed for highway runs

I have driven 3.5 hours, done a track day in a cold nor’easter (LRP was NOT fun), and then driven 3.5 hours back home after the track day, so no excuses on not going to test drive the 993

I was curious to see how rare 993s had become, so I plugged Thompson, CT (central-ish for CT, MA, and RI) in Cargurus; looks like you should have a few, closer options based on your wants: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...edEntity=c3405

haha yeah I definitely don’t mind the drive! But sitting in traffic for 3 of those 4 hours going through NY and Long Island is NOT fun. The other issue is my only day off is Sunday and most dealerships are not open 🥲 Also I should have mentioned the car I am
considering is an NB coupe - every car in a 200 mile radius is turbo or cab. I doubt miller will let me take out their $275k turbo for a spin lol besides the obvious missing roof would I find much different behind the wheel of the convertible?

Quick Reply: Any owners of 993 CT/MA/RI etc