Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 GT3 Touring, Premium Carmine Red, 1375 Miles, CPO Through 11/2024

For Sale

Old 04-16-2022, 06:30 PM
gucko
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts

Listed on AT for $249k. This is buying season so if it is priced right, it should go soon.

My humble opinion is that lack of PCCB's at this price point is a deterrent. I would make a serious play at it if it had them.

Everything else is proper.
Old 04-21-2022, 06:39 PM
geoorlando
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

So odd. A car just like mine just concluded at $252.5K at BaT. Add another $5K for the auction house and that is $257.5K. Sure, it had PCCBs but no CPO and 6K miles. Not sure why someone wouldn't take the easy route.
Old 04-21-2022, 06:49 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,584 Likes on 842 Posts

Originally Posted by geoorlando
So odd. A car just like mine just concluded at $252.5K at BaT. Add another $5K for the auction house and that is $257.5K. Sure, it had PCCBs but no CPO and 6K miles. Not sure why someone wouldn't take the easy route.
PCCB's is a big thing with alot of buyers, they sometimes only seek out those cars and value them at 10k+ higher than the steel counterpart.
Old 04-21-2022, 07:00 PM
geoorlando
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cooler2442
PCCB's is a big thing with alot of buyers, they sometimes only seek out those cars and value them at 10k+ higher than the steel counterpart.
Got it...and appreciate. Even then, I am less expensive if you lop off $10K for that car. There is only a $5K difference in the MSRP and I have less than 30% of the miles and a CPO. It seems people prefer to pay through the nose via auction.
Old 04-21-2022, 08:16 PM
gucko
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by cooler2442
PCCBs are a huge differentiator, not just in dollars, but in desirability.

Last edited by gucko; 04-24-2022 at 01:33 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by gucko:
dinkman (07-27-2022), mf3st (05-25-2022)
Old 04-22-2022, 09:10 AM
geoorlando
Rennlist Member

Smile

Originally Posted by gucko
PCCBs are a huge differentiator, not just in dollars, but in desirability. Similar to FAL, maybe. Who in the world would buy, or even worse, spec a GT3 without FAL? It's a couple thousand, but without it, makes the car nearly unsaleable to 90% of the market. Sure that one guy in Arizona has a perfect driveway, perfect roads, and claims he doesn't need it. Everyone else does and require it on their cars. That's how I feel about PCCBs (at this level, anyway)
Again- appreciate the perspective. I completely agree with you on FAL (though others may have a different opinion) which my car obviously has. However, there is no way I would equate PCCBs with FAL in term of desirability- particularly on a GT3, never mind a Touring. Again, others may differ but the PCCB v. Steel camp seems more split to me than with or w/o FAL. Important to some, not as important to others. I think it all comes down to how someone intends to drive and use the car. As you know, many in the track crowd (my car has never been tracked) prefer steel as they do not want to replace expensive ceramics. But I don't think most Buyers of a Touring are tracking the car. It wouldn't shock me if one of the primary reasons for PCCB v. Steel simply comes down to the color of the calipers Whatever may be the case, this car is appropriately priced against the market (it is listed on AT @ ~$249K). I get inquiries on a daily basis and the only reason it hasn't moved is that I have held firm on asking price. A scarce car in a scarce color- this car should be a keeper for someone.

Best,

G.
Old 04-22-2022, 01:57 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 89 Posts

I suppose we are all going to have to conclude there is a BaT premium out there most likely due to more eyeballs and the format, if you can stand the current 6 week wait and deal with the peanut gallery.
The following users liked this post:
geoorlando (04-22-2022)
Old 04-22-2022, 08:23 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 261 Likes on 157 Posts

Hi, Would you happen to have a DME and paint meter readings for the car? I think these two items would help any prospective buyer including myself be more serious about the car. It’s a lovely example, I like your spec, not a fan of the interior trim matching the exterior colour and its something I would change, but thats a personal thing.

Also, I’m assuming since its going through a dealer a PPI is a non issue. Which dealer is the sale going through?

Thank you.
PD
Old 04-22-2022, 10:01 PM
geoorlando
Rennlist Member

DME excerpts. Happy to email full report.

Old 04-22-2022, 10:04 PM
geoorlando
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STALKER99
Hi, Would you happen to have a DME and paint meter readings for the car? I think these two items would help any prospective buyer including myself be more serious about the car. It’s a lovely example, I like your spec, not a fan of the interior trim matching the exterior colour and its something I would change, but thats a personal thing.

Also, I’m assuming since its going through a dealer a PPI is a non issue. Which dealer is the sale going through?

Thank you.
PD
Thanks for your interest. I have uploaded the Range excerpts from the DME to the thread and happy to send the full report via email or PM. I do not have paint readings but can't imagine they are anything different from factory. PPI with one of two local Porsche dealers not an issue. One is very familiar with the car and has done all the service. Nothing but scheduled maintenance..

Best,

G.
Old 04-22-2022, 10:31 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 261 Likes on 157 Posts

Thanks for your interest. I have uploaded the Range excerpts from the DME to the thread and happy to send the full report via email or PM. I do not have paint readings but can't imagine they are anything different from factory. PPI with one of two local Porsche dealers not an issue. One is very familiar with the car and has done all the service. Nothing but scheduled maintenance..

Best,

G.
can you email me the full report please.
pderakshan@mac.com

Where are the controls for the radar detector and laser mounted?
Old 04-23-2022, 12:26 AM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 237 Posts

peak GT3. 992 is a donkey. would have this all day over a 992.
myclue (08-02-2022)
Old 04-23-2022, 08:57 AM
Porsche444
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 272 Posts

Again- appreciate the perspective. I completely agree with you on FAL (though others may have a different opinion) which my car obviously has. However, there is no way I would equate PCCBs with FAL in term of desirability- particularly on a GT3, never mind a Touring. Again, others may differ but the PCCB v. Steel camp seems more split to me than with or w/o FAL. Important to some, not as important to others. I think it all comes down to how someone intends to drive and use the car. As you know, many in the track crowd (my car has never been tracked) prefer steel as they do not want to replace expensive ceramics. But I don't think most Buyers of a Touring are tracking the car. It wouldn't shock me if one of the primary reasons for PCCB v. Steel simply comes down to the color of the calipers Whatever may be the case, this car is appropriately priced against the market (it is listed on AT @ ~$249K). I get inquiries on a daily basis and the only reason it hasn't moved is that I have held firm on asking price. A scarce car in a scarce color- this car should be a keeper for someone.

Best,

G.
what a great freaking car and setup!!! I have had 5 Porsches, had .2 GT3 with PCCB and would never get them again. I mean, sorry, but they squeal like hell and not worth the money. People that say they worry about the brake dust, I mean cmon, you can afford $250,000 car, but can’t afford to keep it clean? Lol, seriously. And most people never drive their damn car anyway, it’s a joke.

And for the FAL, I also agree, I think it was highly required option, but like the brake dust, I think people don’t get it. I had 911, 911S and then a 911GTS, all 3 I had to park on the street due to my insanely screwed up driveway entrance, steep pitch. When I bought GT3 with FAL, it was first 911 car that made it up the initial entrance to driveway without scraping the lip, but I still had to be a bit careful. Then 18 months ago, decided to buy a GT4, thought, I am screwed, would have to park it on street, but you know what, I figured out 2 things, if it hit the entrance at literally 46.7 degrees(I am not kidding, at one point going into entrance, 1 wheel is off the ground ) it can just barely make it into the driveway entrance without scraping, so phew. But more importantly, even when I didn’t manage that perfect angle, I scraped the lip, OMG, the horror of it, scraping a $200 cheap replaceable item, again, seriously, just like not having brake dust, the horror of it, just seems damn funny to me. After having the GT4, I realized, the FAL isn’t required, what is required is paying attention and learning how to drive into driveways without screwing up the car. Is it nice to have yes, but not required at all. The GT4 completely changed my view on FALs. I have driven all over Los Angeles, driven already over 11,000 miles, the lip is slightly messed up, but who cares, $200 and you get a new one!!

Lol

GLWS and hold your price!

Last edited by Porsche444; 04-23-2022 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-23-2022, 08:58 AM
geoorlando
Rennlist Member

DME sent via email.

The integrated Radenso/ALP Laser control panel is located above the rear-view mirror affixed to module that contains the interior lights/garage door opener switches.

Best,

G.

Last edited by geoorlando; 04-23-2022 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-23-2022, 02:05 PM
ngamountains
Racer

Received 273 Likes on 150 Posts

I thought this was a for sale thread. Take the flexing somewhere else. Beautiful car, seller. Given BaT the other day, can’t imagine this lasts much longer.
geoorlando (04-23-2022)