Macan 2014-Current

A couple of issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 07:29 PM
bcgreen
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Default A couple of issues

Is there a fix for the radio - I have to check the box for surround FM each time I start the vehicle.
Every time I start the vehicle I have to turn off the ac.
Old 10-31-2016, 04:00 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

After you set your sound preferences, save the settings to your key and to your seat setting (1 or 2). Maybe it keeps reverting because you previously set it differently and saved it.

Last edited by Need4S; 10-31-2016 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:37 AM
Philip Goughary
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bcgreen
Is there a fix for the radio - I have to check the box for surround FM each time I start the vehicle.
Every time I start the vehicle I have to turn off the ac.

What model year?
Old 10-31-2016, 12:28 PM
bcgreen
Pro

Originally Posted by Philip Goughary
What model year?
It's a 2016.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:31 PM
bcgreen
Pro

Originally Posted by Need4S
After you set your sound preferences, save the settings to your key and to your seat setting (1 or 2). Maybe it keeps everting because you previously set it differently and saved it.
Not sure how do you save it to my key?
Old 10-31-2016, 08:28 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

The key button on the door if you have the memory package. Make sure you only have one key in the vehicle if you have entry and drive.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:01 PM
bcgreen
Pro

Originally Posted by Todd B
The key button on the door if you have the memory package. Make sure you only have one key in the vehicle if you have entry and drive.
Just tried that and it made no difference. See if this is the correct process? I had the key with me and I started the car. I turned off the a/c and checked the surround FM. I hit SET and 2. Heard the beep and I knew the new settings were locked in. I turned off the car and then restarted it and I could see the check mark go away and the a/c light was on.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:04 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Not sure how do you save it to my key?
Press set and the key icon on the seat memory panel on the door. Assuming you have memory seats. Do this with the key in the ignition and car turned on. If you have keyless entry be sure your key is the only key inside the car.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:39 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

Just tried that and it made no difference. See if this is the correct process? I had the key with me and I started the car. I turned off the a/c and checked the surround FM. I hit SET and 2. Heard the beep and I knew the new settings were locked in. I turned off the car and then restarted it and I could see the check mark go away and the a/c light was on.
No, to save the settings to the key so they are recalled when you get back in (unlock), you need to press the button with the key on it. You still press set, then the button with the key on it. In the multi function display you can also turn on auto memory, which automatically saves the settings each time you get out of the car.

The 1/2 buttons do not save the comfort settings, those only store the seat and steering wheel positions.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:08 PM
bcgreen
Pro

Originally Posted by Todd B
No, to save the settings to the key so they are recalled when you get back in (unlock), you need to press the button with the key on it. You still press set, then the button with the key on it. In the multi function display you can also turn on auto memory, which automatically saves the settings each time you get out of the car.

The 1/2 buttons do not save the comfort settings, those only store the seat and steering wheel positions.
Thank you.

Quick Reply: A couple of issues