Macan 2014-Current

Requesting Fire Extinguisher Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 06:14 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 286 Posts
Default Requesting Fire Extinguisher Pics

Since our Macan was dealer-optioned without a factory fire extinguisher, I'd very much like to retrofit one. I've installed a HALON unit in front of the passenger seat on a generic mount but, to my wife's disdain, it takes up some leg room. I've looked at the parts diagram but it really doesn't make much sense. If some kind soul would take a couple of pics, one of the mount w/o the extinguisher installed and one with it installed, I'd be most appreciative.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:23 AM
BossHoss
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did a quick Google Image Search and found this.... makes sense IMHO.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:39 AM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

That's a help, BossHoss. Would still like to see a close-up pic of the mount itself w/o the fire extinguisher installed so I can see how the mount attaches to the seat base. EDIT: After researching some more, I find that the Porsche-supplied fire extinguisher is so small that, in all probability, would not be effective and that it's a dry chemical type which pretty much destroys any surface it hits. I think I'll just stick with my 2.5 lb. HALON unit and will just have to bear with the universal mount that limits the final few inches of forward movement of the passenger seat.

Last edited by NC TRACKRAT; 07-21-2016 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:25 PM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NC TRACKRAT
Since our Macan was dealer-optioned without a factory fire extinguisher, I'd very much like to retrofit one. I've installed a HALON unit in front of the passenger seat on a generic mount but, to my wife's disdain, it takes up some leg room. I've looked at the parts diagram but it really doesn't make much sense. If some kind soul would take a couple of pics, one of the mount w/o the extinguisher installed and one with it installed, I'd be most appreciative.
If it would be of any help I would be happy to take pics. of the mount on my GT3. The mount is screwed into the front of the seat frame just below the seat.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:28 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the offer but the GT3 seat mount is different from the Macan. Our Macan has a little trap door that swings open for storage. To mount a FE, the seat would have to come out, remove the front panel and trap door, then install the FE mount hardware that costs about $150. Add to that the cost of the anemic Porsche-specific FE which, for some unknown reason, is nowhere to be found on the parts list. As I mentioned above, I'm just going to stick with my 2.5 lb. HALON unit.

Quick Reply: Requesting Fire Extinguisher Pics