Macan 2014-Current

GTS Interior Package Query

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 09:45 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 133 Posts
Default GTS Interior Package Query

So I am placing an order for a Macan GTS and I really do like full leather. I won't order a car without it. However I am trying to figure out if I am paying an extra 3k just for silver stitching with the GTS package vs. getting just the black leather interior, or if there is more to this package I am unaware of. Not sure if the look of silver stitching alone is worth 3k lol.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:46 AM
kkapoor
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by richardbf
So I am placing an order for a Macan GTS and I really do like full leather. I won't order a car without it. However I am trying to figure out if I am paying an extra 3k just for silver stitching with the GTS package vs. getting just the black leather interior, or if there is more to this package I am unaware of. Not sure if the look of silver stitching alone is worth 3k lol.
So if you like deviated stitching then the GTS package is good value. If you add deviated stitching to a regular full leather option you will spend more. With the package you also get the deviated seatbelts, a coloured center tachometer, embroidered headrests and floor mats with deviated stitching. Personally I think the GTS interior package makes the car. You spend the majority of your time inside the car. I have the GTS interior package and everyone that sits in the car just loves it. It's striking.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:24 PM
ksozay
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kkapoor
So if you like deviated stitching then the GTS package is good value. If you add deviated stitching to a regular full leather option you will spend more. With the package you also get the deviated seatbelts, a coloured center tachometer, embroidered headrests and floor mats with deviated stitching. Personally I think the GTS interior package makes the car. You spend the majority of your time inside the car. I have the GTS interior package and everyone that sits in the car just loves it. It's striking.

+1
Old 07-28-2016, 12:41 PM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The GTS interior package looks great, but I already have the GT3 interior package which is the same as the GTS i.e.. red deviated stitching etc. I did not want both cars with the same interior even though they are both white. So I ordered the black leather interior with alcantara seat centers and red seat belts. a little contrast.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:09 AM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

^kind of the same thought. I have the silver stitching in the GT4. I saved a little money and went with the leather interior in black with black stitching. The savings were then promptly spent on PTV
Old 07-29-2016, 06:29 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by richardbf
^kind of the same thought. I have the silver stitching in the GT4. I saved a little money and went with the leather interior in black with black stitching. The savings were then promptly spent on PTV
Hey Richard,
What is your option list on the Macan?

How was your ED experience?
Old 07-29-2016, 06:53 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Hey RESP! The ED holiday was flippin fantastic!!!! Hope you and your wife had a great holiday as well. Took the M3 out a week ago and it was acting weird so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Macan GTS Order. Tonight is actually my last night with my M3. I am feeling kind of sad about it. Anyway still on the fence about the silver stitching but 3k for silver stitching vs 1800 for full leather black stitching is silly IMO. Haven't decided if I will do Atlanta PEC. A matter of finding the time in my schedule. Will probably have to pass.

Macan GTS White
Black Leather Interior package (alcantara)
Premium Pack Plus
LED headlamps
Roof rails in black
Model desg. delete
Smokers (I don't smoke)
Navigation
Porsche Torque Vectoring
Black aluminum trim
Summer tires
Old 07-29-2016, 07:17 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Glad you two had a great time on ED.

We had a fantastic time as well.
Saddest thing, leaving the GTS at the factory and heading home, knowing we won't see her for so many weeks

I think you will be very happy with the GTS replacing the M3.
We ended up driving over 3,000 km in Europe and enjoyed every minute.

Good option choices on your GTS.
We did the red deviated stiching on the GTS full leather option.
Have the deviated sticking in our Cayenne and liked the look.
Expensive though

Is your Avatar you and your GT4 on the Ring?
Old 07-29-2016, 07:20 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Yeah. Did 4 touristenfahrten laps. Super lucky. On the day it rained we were literally the first car out the gate and not many others passed us and I was going slow. Basically no traffic. Scary being on the ring for the first time in the rain but it was dead. The following day it was very busy but I got in two laps safely and on my way off the track they closed it due to an accident. Worked perfectly since I bought a 4 lap package. Now if the damn thing would just get here already. Not sure how long it should take exactly.

Quick Reply: GTS Interior Package Query