Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Ordering Macan GTS and need help with options

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 11:49 AM
Propofoln
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

You can drop seatbelt in garnet red, as the GTS interior package comes with red seatbelts.

Did you do nav with connect plus or no nav and connect? I'm just going to get the connect for CarPlay and forgoe the nav and save money.
Old 06-16-2016, 01:04 PM
bb430
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Voice Control adds a button to the end of turn signal stalk so that when you push it, you can switch your radio channel presets, and if you had PCM then you can enter destination as well. Among other things you can probably command by voice.
It's a no cost option and I would rather have it than regret not ordering it.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:13 PM
h_gt3
Advanced

Finally placed the order today. Here are the specs and images. My lock day I'm told is in August with October build and November/December delivery if I'm lucky. Let the wait game begin. Thank you all for the feedback and advice.
Attached Images     
Old 06-23-2016, 01:16 AM
GTS Daddy
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I strongly suggest roof rails. Remember, they CANNOT be added aftermarket. That may seriously hinder resale.

Also, why let go of ACC? LKA works amazing with ACC when driving distances. Barely hold the wheel while cruising. From my experience, I am so much more relaxed when arriving after using the ACC w/LKA. Besides, you can always turn LKA off for the everyday drive.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:26 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

+1. Another option to consider is the cargo management system. The configurator makes it look like it is just a net behind the back seats, but it certainly looks like more than that, according to this video.
Useful when you have a less than full trunk and don't want things to slide around too much, which is probably most of the time you have anything back there. I had no idea about it when ordering. And like the roof rails, this is something that cannot be added later.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:22 PM
h_gt3
Advanced

Thanks gentlemen! I'll have another look at the specs. The ACC and cargo management system seem logical especially that this car will be my family/daily car. I have this beauty which I spent a lot of time and $$$ spec-ing.

Name:  photo967.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  146.0 KB

The price on the Macan is approaching $85k and its getting on the high side a little. I'll definitely consider the two options above, especially the cargo management. Thanks for the video.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:32 AM
Propofoln
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by GTS Daddy
I strongly suggest roof rails. Remember, they CANNOT be added aftermarket. That may seriously hinder resale.

Also, why let go of ACC? LKA works amazing with ACC when driving distances. Barely hold the wheel while cruising. From my experience, I am so much more relaxed when arriving after using the ACC w/LKA. Besides, you can always turn LKA off for the everyday drive.
Strongly disagree on the LKA. It's very annoying. Also,why spec a $1500 cruise control option that takes away from you actually driving the car? Isn't the reason one wants a Porsche is the thrill of the drive? No thanks in automation. It takes your attention away from driving and is a possibile safety concern, despite be PAS.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:50 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Propofoln
Strongly disagree on the LKA. It's very annoying. Also,why spec a $1500 cruise control option that takes away from you actually driving the car? Isn't the reason one wants a Porsche is the thrill of the drive? No thanks in automation. It takes your attention away from driving and is a possibile safety concern, despite be PAS.
As for cruise control, a counterpoint is that many use the Macan as a family vehicle for long distance travel. In that use, adaptive cruise can be very helpful in reducing the fatigue of otherwise constantly having to monitor speed to avoid tickets. Its advantage over regular cruise control is that it reduces the need to monitor the control to keep from closing too closely on the car in front. With the increasing use of speed cameras, it is also useful in closely keeping at and under the speed limit in those areas. This is especially important in Europe.

As for LKA, however, I'm on the fence as to whether it's useful or an annoyance, but so far will tell you I've felt it mostly annoying and have turned off most if not all the time.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:21 PM
h_gt3
Advanced

Update:

Gentlemen, I recently heard from my dealer that my order could take up to six months with factory summer closing and long list of orders. He said that it might be NOV/DEC build and Jan/feb delivery.

To be honest, I'm not prepared to wait this long for a daily driver. I waited for the RS but not prepared to wait for the Macan...

Anyway, I went to my dealer earlier this week. Looked at his inventory and found this beauty. Not really my build. And it doesn't include many of the comfort features I wanted.. But I really like this car. So... I pulled the trigger and took delivery today..

It's a 2017 GTS. Doesn't have apple play. Doesn't have LCA. Doesn't have Bose surround system. doesn't have the 14 way seats. Doesn't have PDLS or many of the other comfort options I wanted.. But boy this car is fun to be in anyway. I discovered I didn't need all of these luxury options.. Since I took delivery this afternoon I've been going out to the garage to look at it and drive it sometimes 😁

Prior to this I tested both the Macan S and Macan Turbo. The GTS might not be as fast as the turbo but it definitely feel and drive better than both. There is something about this car that makes you smile when you turn it on.. The sound maybe? There is also a good amount of stiffness but it still feel comfortable, agile and drive like a real Porsche.. I was driving the 991.2 over the past couple of days but I like this car more.

I haven't been this excited about a new car for a long time and I look forward to experiencing it more and learning all about it after the break in period.

Cheers
Attached Images     
Old 07-14-2016, 07:22 PM
h_gt3
Advanced

Sorry for the crappy pictures. I'll take some good ones when I get the chance.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:16 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Nice! Waiting six months does seem long, and it looks like you got a nice one. I also prefer the GTS build to either the Turbo or the S.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:41 PM
ksozay
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Great find!

I've been following your thread and picked up a white one at the dealership near us. Was almost the exact build you had speccd out minus the two tone interior (wife and I both love the black and red). Ours has the black with deviated stitching in silver (rhodium) and matching seat belts. Build was 88k so had damn near every option. Still trying to figure everything out.

One of the most fun cars I've driven!

KS
Old 07-18-2016, 05:51 PM
h_gt3
Advanced

KS
Congratulations on your buy! I'm enjoying this car. Taking it easy as I go through the breaking in period but been pushing it a little. It does feel like an elevated sports car..
Congrats again and please post your experience as you get to know the car
Old 07-23-2016, 01:29 PM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Just ordered '17 GTS on Tues. from Suncoast I have the commission# and v200 delivery date mid. Oct.
White
Leather int. in black with Alcantara
LED headlights
Entry & drive
Side blades in ext. color
Sport design side mirrors
Sport chrono
20" RS spyder design wheels, not black
Summer tires
Lane change assist
Seat heating, front & rear
Seat belts in red.
Brushed alum. in black
Nav. module for PCM
Bose system
Old 07-23-2016, 02:15 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Saw a Macan Turbo on the street the other day. It had PCCBs. I'd not seen any Macans with that option before. Although it would be cool not to have to clean the wheels much, I would think the rotors would be liable to damage in any unpaved road situation with loose gravel or rocks, but great in heavy duty use such as on the track. But how many track their Macans?

Quick Reply: Ordering Macan GTS and need help with options