Ordering Macan GTS and need help with options

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 09:09 PM
h_gt3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering Macan GTS and need help with options

Hello all,
I'm playing with the configurator before placing an order for a new Macan GTS. Here are the options I selected so far but I might drop a couple to bring the price a little down. Especially the lane assist maybe?
Would appreciate your thoughts on these options. Did I miss anything? Anything you see as absolute waste? Maybe I should drop a couple of performance options and add the screens at the back for the kid?
Note: this will be my daily driver/family car. Wife and an 8mo baby girl.
Many thanks
Name:  photo815.jpg
Views: 1480
Size:  388.0 KB
Old 06-14-2016, 11:45 PM
CarManDSL
Rennlist Member

Received 345 Likes on 199 Posts

Why is the 75 litre fuel tank listed? Thats stock and not on the configurator.

Perhaps you should have listed everything you didn't order as you've selected most every option! Haha.

Look good.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:49 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 567 Likes on 313 Posts

Drop LKA, some who have find it annoying, although maybe useful on long roadtrips but probably safer to just take more breaks. I'd drop the red seat belts since you have the garnet/black two tone and the black belts provide contrast with the seats. Personally, PTV isn't a must have unless you take it to places with snow. Seems like you're not in the US so not sure if this is the same, but the black aluminum trim is GTS specific and (in the US) a free option which looks great w/ the Garnet/black interior.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:55 AM
h_gt3
Advanced

Originally Posted by CarManDSL
Why is the 75 litre fuel tank listed? Thats stock and not on the configurator.

Perhaps you should have listed everything you didn't order as you've selected most every option! Haha.

Look good.
the extended tank is a free option here not a standard. Like the 90l tank in the GT3/RS
Old 06-15-2016, 05:58 AM
h_gt3
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pokerhobo
Drop LKA, some who have find it annoying, although maybe useful on long roadtrips but probably safer to just take more breaks. I'd drop the red seat belts since you have the garnet/black two tone and the black belts provide contrast with the seats. Personally, PTV isn't a must have unless you take it to places with snow. Seems like you're not in the US so not sure if this is the same, but the black aluminum trim is GTS specific and (in the US) a free option which looks great w/ the Garnet/black interior.
Thank you! Very useful tips. I wasn't sure about the LKA and PTV but didn't want to miss out. I dropped both.

Anything else I should drop or add?
Old 06-15-2016, 09:13 AM
Propofoln
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

I agree with above. Items you should def drop-
Colored seatbelts
Embossed crest on armrest.
LKA
Piano black trim- black aluminum looks better and is specific to GTS

Maybe drop-
PTV
PAS/aCC- never use cruise control and never will. Seen some value in the PAS, so if your willing to drop $1500. I'm not adding it.

Looks like a middle of the road price build. Definately not option heavy. Im going Burmester, but am an addicted audiophile. Like the white and red interior combo. I'm probably doing the same, except prob going black sport classics. I'm also doing black blades and black door handles. All white and black contrast.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:14 AM
NorthvilleStig
Instructor

I could have done without many options as well, but the one I would certainly order again is the split leather/alcantera seats. Pricy but extremely comfortable with a luxurious soft feel on the armrests and center consoles. I get many compliments from passengers as well.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:00 PM
h_gt3
Advanced

Originally Posted by Propofoln
I agree with above. Items you should def drop-
Colored seatbelts
Embossed crest on armrest.
LKA
Piano black trim- black aluminum looks better and is specific to GTS

Maybe drop-
PTV
PAS/aCC- never use cruise control and never will. Seen some value in the PAS, so if your willing to drop $1500. I'm not adding it.

Looks like a middle of the road price build. Definately not option heavy. Im going Burmester, but am an addicted audiophile. Like the white and red interior combo. I'm probably doing the same, except prob going black sport classics. I'm also doing black blades and black door handles. All white and black contrast.
Thank you! I dropped the PAS and added other smaller useful options instead.
I also changed the interior color to GTS black but might go back to the red and black interior by dinner time.. Too confused.

I have another P car with black interior. it has alcantara and LO stitching so I want a different feel for this one.. But let's see
Old 06-15-2016, 01:10 PM
rjhagan
Track Day

I have almost the same build and love it. Didn't get the PTV or PAS/ACC and don't miss it. I did add the carbon interior trim and it looks incredible!
Old 06-15-2016, 06:18 PM
h_gt3
Advanced

Originally Posted by rjhagan
I have almost the same build and love it. Didn't get the PTV or PAS/ACC and don't miss it. I did add the carbon interior trim and it looks incredible!
Did you go for black interior or red/black?
Old 06-15-2016, 06:25 PM
h_gt3
Advanced

Thank you guys for the feedback. Here are the specs as I have sent them to the dealer for a quote. Anything missing?

Name:  photo575.jpg
Views: 1253
Size:  309.6 KB
Old 06-15-2016, 06:47 PM
bb430
Intermediate

Don't forget Voice Control.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:35 PM
h_gt3
Advanced

Originally Posted by bb430
Don't forget Voice Control.
I can't find it in the configurator...
Old 06-15-2016, 10:14 PM
bb430
Intermediate

Neither can I, but my sales associate put it in for me. Actually, he was the one that told me about this. Ask you sales associate when you place your order.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:28 AM
h_gt3
Advanced

Originally Posted by bb430
Neither can I, but my sales associate put it in for me. Actually, he was the one that told me about this. Ask you sales associate when you place your order.
What is it exactly?

Quick Reply: Ordering Macan GTS and need help with options