Macan 2014-Current

'17 Macan GTS

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 12:51 AM
Dave DE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gtr
I'm 6 foot tall and it's a matter being able to sit back there vs my head hits and I do not fit.

Heard it's 4cm or 1.57 inches which is quit a bit. It's all personal preference. To me I cannot stand having 4 doors and not being useable and too top heavy. I got the GTS due to the better driving feel and if I didn't need headroom I'd spec on a Macan or Macan S.

I'm 6-2 and also found my head hit the roof with the sunroof while I had some clearance without. I didn't measure it, but 1.5 inch in the rear seat is probably about right.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:30 PM
dmsiceman
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You get close to 2" of additional headroom in the rear, without the Pana roof. I tried Macans both with and without the Pano roof before I ordered mine, and there was a substantial difference if you are over 6' feet tall. With the Pano roof, you could not sit up straight without hitting the interior of the roof, and without the Pano roof there was no problem. I got my GTS last week and it is an amazing vehicle. Both my sons are 6' 1" tall and have no trouble sitting in the rear as far as headroom goes, but knee room is somewhat tight. But neither of them complain about going for rides in the rear seat of the Porsche.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:33 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,269 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by gtr

Mine came in. I was pretty convinced after the Porsche world road show test drive on the Auto X course and not get the glass roof. I can feel the weight on top and makes the rear roof too low. I think it's the best driving SUV in the world. Still need to test drive the GLA 45 but I had a CLA 45 and sold due to the crappy tranny and super cramped interior.

I would say it's the drivers SUV top choice.
Beautiful!

Quick Reply: '17 Macan GTS