Connect (carplay)
Smoking Package
Destination

TOTAL 83580
Old 11-30-2015, 12:24 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a White Turbo with black/red interior and red gauges. The red gauges are almost impossible to read in part light situations and my next one (waiting for Turbo S) I'll go to white gauges which I have on my 991S X51 Cab and they're very much easier to read in all light situations.
I have Burmester in my 991 S and would not pay the extra. The Bose is very fine in my opinion. Also, I'd at least go with the 14 way seats (I have 18 and find the side bolsters, in the Macan, just a little too high for easy exit. I do have Entry/drive and really like the convenience of being able to keep my key in my pocket. I had park assist with full surround in my BMW and found it a waste of $. In the Macan I went with sensors plus rear camera.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:56 PM
roule
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

sambb, it's hard to know how to assist in configuration without some time getting to know your needs and desires, but let's start with some basic questions:

1) What percentage of the time do you drive on interstates versus city versus off-pavement?
2) Does cost matter more than comfort?
3) Does cost matter more than dynamic performance?
4) Who else has influence over configuration?

I infer that you're planning to spend a fair amount of time commuting, based on the Park Assist, insulated glass, adaptive cruise, wheel heating, etc. If this is so, I wonder if a Macan Turbo would be more desireable in the real world than the GTS. The GTS is set up for a much firmer ride and handling than other Macan models, which is undesirable for many daily drivers, especially if you're away from perfect tarmac. With the Turbo, you'll get some interior upgrades and more power, but a more liveable daily car for about the same price as your spec. And if you're deleting the model designation, then nobody else will know the difference.

Nothing wrong with 8-way seats if they fit your body.

Entry and Drive is all right if you don't share your car with other drivers or have multiple key fobs in the vehicle at one time. A bit pricey for what you get.

Definitely go blue instead of white. IMHO the front air inlets are too gaping with white or grey paint; darker colors help tone down that unfortunate part of the Macan. Also, white cars just boring.

If you're an audiophile, then insulated glass and Burmester are worthwhile. For most people, especially as their ears get a bit up in years, then the glass and Bose are more than adequate. You really need to judge this for yourself. The glass definitely makes a difference in wind noise & some frequencies of city noise. It won't cut out all the external noise.

Hope that helps. No matter what you choose, go and enjoy the heck out of it!
Old 11-30-2015, 09:18 PM
sambb
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will be for commuting, mostly highway but some traffic jams
Dont need the power of a turbo to be honest
need to fit family for some weekend or afterwork activities, hence the macan instead of my 911
Old 11-30-2015, 10:39 PM
Powereng
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have to go with john996 and his recommendations. I have the 14 way seats in my 911 and 18 in the macan and like the 18 way better. Go to a dealer and sit in all three and make your decision. Bose is great for the macan and I do like the enter and drive function. One thing is you will get 15 different ideas from 17 people, hit up a dealer and try out the options, drive the S, GTS and turbo, if you say you don't care about the extra power, a S may do great if optioned correctly. Good luck on your choices.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:03 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Note: The GTS is not out yet
Old 12-01-2015, 11:28 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Speaking of seats, I love the GTS logo on the headrests and I'd like ventilation and heat and am willing to ditch Alcantara to get both, but when I go through the configurator, select leather v.s. alcantara and then select ventilation it wants me to cancel the GTS seat and go with the standard sport seat which looks like it doesn't have the GTS logo ... anybody have luck adding ventilation and retaining the GTS logo?
Old 12-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

Looks like a great "conservative" GTS build (if there is such a thing!!!). Nice!

Entry and Drive? It came w mine and I'm actually beginning to dig it! At first it just seemed like a gimmick and one time the car wash misplaced the key and shut off the engine. Oh boy...

Burmester vs Bose? I've never been a fan of Bose but it actually sounds pretty good. And with the nice engine PSE rumble who cares about HiFi, right?

Thermal Glass? For me no as it doesn't get hot enough here, which I think is the main purpose, correct?

I'm going with 8-way seats too and they should be just fine.

Good luck! When do you need to lock it in by?
Old 12-04-2015, 12:25 AM
mdkrp
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

The Macan is the perfect adjunct to a 911.
Entry and drive is great- a must for me.
I have standard radio and it's a POS so would suggest Bose.
Thermal glass does nothing for heat IMO but is very sound insulating and thus quiet when up.
14 way seats are comfy but would have liked more thigh support underneath.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:45 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Does the thermal glass have any impact on the performance of windshield mounted radar detectors or toll transponders?
Old 12-06-2015, 06:04 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 568 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
Does the thermal glass have any impact on the performance of windshield mounted radar detectors or toll transponders?
Yes, there's a special area near the top to mount those

Quick Reply: Please comment on GTS build