Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Thinking about getting a used Macan, what are some essential features?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 07:20 PM
Super_K
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that asking is not selling.. does anyone have an opinion on cars that were on the East Coast in terms of winters/salt etc. impact on the cars? I found a used one in NY that could fit. I will say that I purchased a car at an auction one time that turned out to have spent a few winters on the east coast and it had rust and corrosion problems that I never see here on the West coast.

Thoughts on this?
Old 11-04-2015, 02:07 PM
SteveFromMN
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Super_K
I agree that asking is not selling.. does anyone have an opinion on cars that were on the East Coast in terms of winters/salt etc. impact on the cars? I found a used one in NY that could fit. I will say that I purchased a car at an auction one time that turned out to have spent a few winters on the east coast and it had rust and corrosion problems that I never see here on the West coast.

Thoughts on this?
After one year of winter here in Minnesota my Cayenne still looks clean underneath. I drive it every day but it is garaged at night and covered parking ramp during the day. After 6 to 10 years it will be plenty crappy.
Old 05-22-2016, 08:55 PM
MacanPD46
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about getting a used Macan, what are some essential features?

Just got a Macan S for my wife's DD. Searched long and lots for one.
Use the Porsche.com locator/inventory. Last I looked they had almost 100 S models around the country.
If you want basic, that is fine but remember resale down the road. Too basic and it might mean it was a rental/fleet car.
For 2016 model suggest premium package plus. It will include the good stuff for a DD. Other options are fluff and personal preference. Just make sure you get the rear view camera which is a must have for a SUV.
Old 05-22-2016, 11:13 PM
evil panda
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 73 Posts

the air suspension/sport setting makes a huge difference if you like to drive briskly. that and the pano roof (because...pano roof!) are the two must have options for me.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:13 PM
Daohaus
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sport chrono PSE and premium plus are the bare minimum I would look for.

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting a used Macan, what are some essential features?