Macan 2014-Current

Macan GTS reveal at Tokyo Autoshow

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 12:24 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Showed the wife. She said no go. She only wants white and wants white gauges, not red.

Back to the S.
I'm sure you could configure it that way if you want.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:22 PM
Kinesis 996
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Showed the wife. She said no go. She only wants white and wants white gauges, not red.

Back to the S.
Bribe her with one carat diamond, GTS will be inside your garage.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:59 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 568 Likes on 314 Posts

I believe the red gauges (as well as the extensive Alcantara) is only with the GTS Interior option which is not standard. I actually changed my Macan S order this morning to a Macan GTS order. My S order was pretty loaded with many things that are standard on the GTS. The extra HP bump, bigger front brakes from the Turbo, 20 inch rims (was going with 19 inch), and Sport Design body kit as well as having the GTS decals (matching my Cayman) sealed the deal for me. Getting PCM 3.0 is also a consideration. About $4k more than my S build, but I feel I'm getting more value. Instead of Dec delivery, now I have April delivery.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:05 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 744 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by Pokerhobo
I believe the red gauges (as well as the extensive Alcantara) is only with the GTS Interior option which is not standard. I actually changed my Macan S order this morning to a Macan GTS order. My S order was pretty loaded with many things that are standard on the GTS. The extra HP bump, bigger front brakes from the Turbo, 20 inch rims (was going with 19 inch), and Sport Design body kit as well as having the GTS decals (matching my Cayman) sealed the deal for me. Getting PCM 3.0 is also a consideration. About $4k more than my S build, but I feel I'm getting more value. Instead of Dec delivery, now I have April delivery.
So can you get it in other colors (white) or is it red only?
Old 10-29-2015, 06:03 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts

So can you get it in other colors (white) or is it red only?
The configurator lets you specify a variety of exterior colors. The gauges come standard in black, but you can option them in white, beige, or red.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:10 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Macan GTS material

More info attached. I have a Spyder on order for European delivery but I am seriously thinking to switching to the GTS for European delivery. I have an extensive 3 month European tour planned.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Macan GTS Product News.pdf (1.95 MB, 534 views)
Old 10-30-2015, 12:47 PM
Redline911
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skuplist
More info attached. I have a Spyder on order for European delivery but I am seriously thinking to switching to the GTS for European delivery. I have an extensive 3 month European tour planned.
Stick with the Spyder. The Macan GTS is just an options bundle. The Spyder is special, look at last generation Spyder prices.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:33 PM
Powereng
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Redline911
Stick with the Spyder. The Macan GTS is just an options bundle. The Spyder is special, look at last generation Spyder prices.
That is what most of the GTS lines are. The 911 GTS that just came out is nothing more than a package bundle but is selling like crazy.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:50 PM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I have flirted with the GTS on the Cayenne and the 997. I have a client who is over the moon with his 991 GTS. On the Macan, after my Macan S test drive, the Turbo is the only Macan for me. The S just felt underpowered. I do love the GTS red though.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:25 PM
roule
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Powereng
That is what most of the GTS lines are. The 911 GTS that just came out is nothing more than a package bundle but is selling like crazy.
What exactly are you trying to say? One could argue that any car is just "a package bundle". The question is whether the package offers the features you want at a decent value. My impression for the Macan GTS is yes.

The GTS is a unique build that offers a combination of features formerly unavailable together. Take a look at the Macan GTS on the USA website, the package is IMPRESSIVE. It offers more power and torque than the S, includes performance upgrades from the Turbo (better brakes) and has unique suspension tuning (with PASM and Air), and distinguishing trim (alas still with the silly side blades, but thankfully with the no-cost option of making them body colored!). It promises to be the sharpest Macan handling version yet. Good move, given how the competitors are starting to take direct aim at the Macan S.

Just two complaints: lack of manual transmission option (sorry, PDK still isn't as fun/involving/intuitive to drive for old folks like me). Also, the cost of the optional red paint is over the top. Come on, Porsche, get realistic with your paint pricing.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:20 PM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think if the options the GTS comes with as standard equipment are things that are a must for you, then it makes sense to get the GTS because of unique styling and the added power gain as part of the package deal.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:01 AM
Powereng
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by roule
What exactly are you trying to say? One could argue that any car is just "a package bundle". The question is whether the package offers the features you want at a decent value. My impression for the Macan GTS is yes.

The GTS is a unique build that offers a combination of features formerly unavailable together. Take a look at the Macan GTS on the USA website, the package is IMPRESSIVE. It offers more power and torque than the S, includes performance upgrades from the Turbo (better brakes) and has unique suspension tuning (with PASM and Air), and distinguishing trim (alas still with the silly side blades, but thankfully with the no-cost option of making them body colored!). It promises to be the sharpest Macan handling version yet. Good move, given how the competitors are starting to take direct aim at the Macan S.

Just two complaints: lack of manual transmission option (sorry, PDK still isn't as fun/involving/intuitive to drive for old folks like me). Also, the cost of the optional red paint is over the top. Come on, Porsche, get realistic with your paint pricing.
Well, I am glad you figured out exactly what I was trying to say. I never said it was not a value or good, I do find it interesting that you were a bit sarcastic and then said what I said with lots of words. The modified suspension will be good if only anyone will truly use it to its fullest, same brakes as the turbo with less power. Will bet the suspension pieces will be available on the turbo soon and standard on the turbo S when released.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:12 PM
roule
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

For those of us mere simpletons, it sounded as though the conversation had taken a turn at gauge background color and the last several posts were not acknowledging the performance refinements that Porsche announced for the GTS.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:39 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Powereng
That's because on the 911, it includes the power kit and PSE. if you option an S with the same options that are standard in the GTS, the S will cost much more.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:19 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts

Macan GTS at LA Auto Show

Quick Reply: Macan GTS reveal at Tokyo Autoshow