Macan 2014-Current

Optioning a Macan

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 11:17 PM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 253 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Optioning a Macan

Wife wants a new car. Convinced her to move from a full size SUV to a small SUV. Have it narrowed down to a qx70 (which I rules out because its ugly), a q5 with the 2.0 motor and a macan. Went and looked at Macan's and Audi's tonight. I like the Audi because it gets great gas mileage and she drives 30K+ miles/year. I like the Macan because, well, it's a Porsche.

She wants any color as long as it is black. The 16's are in but the dealer selection is limited. The only options she has to have are heated seats and a sunroof. I want her to get Nav, but she says she is happy with the suction cup Garmin.

So I priced a build at
Old 08-12-2015, 11:30 PM
Sven76
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the nav and drop the sunroof. Nav is neatly integrated, would not want to miss that one (wifey neither), although an cheap Garmin will do the navigation bit as good as the costly Porsche system.

Sunroof useless. We thought we need it, did a test drive and realised that the sunroof starts too far behind us.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:54 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

If it's toasty in the summer where you live, get ventilated seats; wife will love you for it! Trust me.
T
Old 08-13-2015, 02:45 AM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 563 Likes on 310 Posts

Forget the nav, use a smartphone. Use the money on PASM+AS instead
Old 08-13-2015, 08:42 AM
skl2
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 149 Posts

If you really care about mileage, get the Q5 TDI. My parents have one and it's incredible. Quick and gets almost 40 mpg on their trips from Iowa to Scottsdale.

Of course I still ordered a Macan . My build is a little ways down this page. If definitely recommend AS/PASM. That was one of my must haves.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:10 PM
dgjks6
Drifting

Still considering a q5. Wife is very particular. She has never ahd ventilated seats so she does not know what she is missing. And says she does not want them. The sunroof in the audi is cool. I didn't open the Porsche one, but she says has to have a sunroof. She won't use her smart phone. That's what me and the kids keep telling her. Especially since she keeps cars a long time, the nav is going to seem archaic in a few years. Phones are always up to date. Maybe skip the nav and let her use her garmin. The PASM if it was mine, but my wife, she no care.

Anyone have the alcantara seats? How do they hold up?
Old 08-13-2015, 01:44 PM
Aghartha
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you care about resale at all get navigation.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:40 PM
dgjks6
Drifting

No resale in my house. At 30-35K miles pre year resale is a killer. We drive them until they die.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:38 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Mine is low option, base seats

XM (useless use phone on Bluetooth in pepper and its better)
park assist (must have for wife)
Lane control (terrible option never enable it)

I bought before prices went up...bought car close to $50K

for $50K it is a good buy...you option these things up they become unrealistic for the value

NAV wont kill resale, trade any Porsche in and every dollar you pay for an option evoporates
Old 08-14-2015, 12:21 AM
Sven76
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Instead of Q5 TDI, get the Macan a Diesel, I have it and love it. Real world, almost as fast as the S gasoline engine.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:41 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,267 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by dgjks6
Still considering a q5. Wife is very particular. She has never ahd ventilated seats so she does not know what she is missing. And says she does not want them. The sunroof in the audi is cool. I didn't open the Porsche one, but she says has to have a sunroof. She won't use her smart phone. That's what me and the kids keep telling her. Especially since she keeps cars a long time, the nav is going to seem archaic in a few years. Phones are always up to date. Maybe skip the nav and let her use her garmin. The PASM if it was mine, but my wife, she no care.

Anyone have the alcantara seats? How do they hold up?
Nav is a good option to have. Order it but just don't tell her about it. She can use her Garmen.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:48 AM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Forget infotainment; use your iPhone. I'm sure there are a lot of ideas about where to put it. Get Premium Plus and she'll have all the creature comforts she desires and some that she doesn't know she desires. I love PASM, but will admit that I mostly drive in "comfort" setting; I'm not sure what the stock non-PASM suspension resembles.

The Porsche, performance, interior and brand is worth the extra money over an Audi; Audis are not cheap!
Old 08-14-2015, 08:00 AM
GDF
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it this day and age it is crazy to buy a luxury car with Nav. Should just be standard in luxury SUVs. It is in an X5. I know my wife will not get a car without it, as using your phone as a Nav in your car is just plain distracting and uses a ton of data.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:38 AM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GDF
I think it this day and age it is crazy to buy a luxury car with Nav. Should just be standard in luxury SUVs. It is in an X5. I know my wife will not get a car without it, as using your phone as a Nav in your car is just plain distracting and uses a ton of data.
I have it on mine but speaking "bang for buck" I don't think it's a value.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:45 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 563 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by GDF
It's crazy in this day and age to buy any car with outdated nav. The future is phone integration like Car Play which is already coming to Porsche. Phone as nav is not distracting if you have a good mount or just use the voice prompts via bluetooth.

Quick Reply: Optioning a Macan