Macan 2014-Current

Any risk of engine scoring?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 06:50 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tazcat
I see many people mentioning the piston scoring issues occurred in the early Cayenne's but I have an 08 that I believe has suffered the same fate. I kept fouling out a plug on cyl #5 and of course it misfired...sometimes other cyl's too but #5 was always the worst. I thought maybe it just needed the oil separators replaced....that would have been an easy fix but of course no luck. Then had a compression test done and cyl 5 only had 100 lbs. I'm devastated.....its been sitting in my garage for 6 mos because I'm not sure what to do and am cringing at the thought of spending almost 10k on having a used engine installed....but I have no choice it seems....trying to find someone reputable to deal with, this is my biggest nightmare....there is nobody nearby ( I live in Buffalo) and I will have to have this thing flatbedded somewhere, not cool. The vehicle is in pristine shape and a blast to drive, not a speck of rust, perfect tranny, etc....thats the only reason I'm even considering having it fixed. I drove it last winter, soon after all of this started happening. Made the mistake of taking it to the local Porsche dealer when it all started, they basically soaked me for 1k and it did NOTHING to help me.....they did some diagnostics, changed the plugs, replaced 2 coils that most likely didnt need replacing.....2 weeks later the plug fouled again and I was back at square one with a misfire. Ive taken the plug out numerous times to clean it off and cleared computer so I could drive it but have pretty much given up, it can drive for around 20 or so miles until plug fouls again and engine misfire occurs. Time to play the lottery...lol
I'd reach out to Flat6 innovations, see if he can rebuild it.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Tazcat
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Sorry to hear but you might want to put this in the Cayenne forum, I know they have a couple threads on this issue there.
Whoops, just caught that...will post there....Sorry from a newbie...lol
Old 03-10-2015, 07:01 PM
Tazcat
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckfever
I'd reach out to Flat6 innovations, see if he can rebuild it.
Thanks for the assistance ....I did send him an email ...unfortunately the price he wanted was about the same as the value of the vehicle....of course thats not an option. I have been spending lots of time lately trying to find somebody..spring is near!

Quick Reply: Any risk of engine scoring?