Macan 2014-Current

Time to confirm order?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 06:38 PM
pburt03
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Time to confirm order?

For those that ordered a Macan, how long did it take for Porsche to confirm the order? How long did it take for delivery?

I ask as I've elected to go through a broker, strong recommendation from a friend. It's very strange to be somewhat removed from the process, but nice at the same time given a very busy schedule. That said, I've yet to get my order confirmed and have been told delivery would be roughly 4-5 months. How's that compare to your experience?

Phil
Old 02-16-2015, 11:05 AM
cairo94507
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts

I have never used a broker before as I always viewed it as just another person who is going to skim a little off the top in the process. I always do my research and go in and speak with the (real) sales manager at the dealership. I say real as it seems some dealerships will have 4 or 5 sales managers- kind of like "Comcast Customer Service Executives......" who are nothing but line people. I hope you will ultimately post your experience here for those if us who have not utilized brokers. Good luck and best wishes.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:59 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I suspect the biggest factor is going to be the dealer allotment situation, if a dealer doesn't have an allotment and can't trade for one in the near term you'll have a longer wait.

My suspicion is that a dealer would be more accommodating with the actual customer (building the relationship) than with a broker that's just "shopping around". I may be mistaken but that's my thought.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:20 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You need to ask the broker to find that information from the dealer he's using. I agree that dealers would probably not be thrilled to sell through a broker. Given the Macan is essentially over sold doubt many dealers would even consider selling a broker car. By the way, would you or the broker be the original owner of record? I'd never consider being the 2nd documented owner of a new car.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:52 PM
pburt03
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by John 996 TT Cab
By the way, would you or the broker be the original owner of record? I'd never consider being the 2nd documented owner of a new car.
I've probably taken a bit too much liberty in my use of the term "broker," as this service is more of a car buying service/representation. Regardless, that is a great question - I will definitely be following up with them ASAP to find out.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:59 AM
1MORLAP
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The time frame that you quote is reasonable for Seattle, but if you are willing to travel to California you could cut 4 to 8 weeks. What value is the Broker delivering at this point? Lower price? Time savings? Most dealers here charge MSRP, so unlike with other cars I doubt that a broker will get you a better deal.

Normally a broker will do the leg work of finding a specific car and best deal for you. This would involve calling multiple dealers, etc. I enjoy the process, but it is time consuming and if they can do it for you - great. But if you are ordering a car, there is no need to search for options, and if the price is MSRP - I am not sure what value the broker adds. Also remember that dealers here will often refuse a loaner if you have not bought from them. Make sure that the broker does not cause you this issue.

Now, if he/she are getting the car for you in two months from San Jose (for example) and delivering it to you at no further expense - then yeah, the broker has proven their value.
Old 03-15-2015, 03:56 PM
arena-RTR
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pburt03
For those that ordered a Macan, how long did it take for Porsche to confirm the order? How long did it take for delivery?

I ask as I've elected to go through a broker, strong recommendation from a friend. It's very strange to be somewhat removed from the process, but nice at the same time given a very busy schedule. That said, I've yet to get my order confirmed and have been told delivery would be roughly 4-5 months. How's that compare to your experience?

Phil
Dealers should be able to confirm the order immediately, and it shouldn't be longer than 4 months. If this is not happening, get rid of the broker (they are just middlemen anyway) and call dealers until you get someone on the phone that seems genuine to you. If you're in the LA/ Orange County area, I would be happy to help.

Quick Reply: Time to confirm order?